Friday, December 07, 2007

I want FOOD!

Brett Battles has a free, new short story available, called Just Another Job. Yay!

I can’t think of much else to say today. I want FOOD. I want chocolate and cheese and pizza and ice cream and yogurt and spaghetti and rigatoni and manicotti and thick, moist bread and pastries and all the food I can’t have.

I know I need to do it for health reasons, and it would be great to lose weight, too.

But still. Gawd. I really, really, really, really, really want a piping hot pizza where the sauce is runny and hot and the cheese is all stringy.

Ohmigawd.

I love vegetables.
I love rice.
I love fruit.
I love vegetables.
I love rice.
I love fruit.
I love vegetables.
I love rice.
I love fruit ...

10 bonus scribbles:

Susan Helene Gottfried 12/08/2007 09:52:00 AM  

Come visit and I'll take you for a pizza you'll never forget.

Until then, take lots of drinks of really cold water. I find that helps when I'm craving ... anything.

Hang in there, babe.

lainey bancroft 12/08/2007 10:30:00 AM  

Hmm, I want manicotti, caesar salad and garlic bread for breakfast!

I love vegetables...swimming in gooey cheese sauce
I love rice...stir fried with plump, juicy shrimp
I love fruit...baked in a flakey pie crust served a'la' mode

But...I love when my jeans zip without the use of power tools and contortion tactics.

I find herbal fruit teas help cravings. Nice and warm in the tummy and many have a hint of natural sweetness.

Michele 12/08/2007 10:35:00 AM  

Oh, I had to go through that this past year for health reasons, too. Believe it or not, it becomes easier. And good news...it did help me lose weight. Who knew the secret to that was eating healthy?! LOL

It's tough to do that this time of year, though. But stay strong! You can do it. :-)

spyscribbler 12/08/2007 10:41:00 AM  

Oh Susan, I'll take that pizza, definitely!!! Okay, cold water. Cold water. Going to get cold water.

Good help, Lainey! You know, a local pizzeria does a mean manicotti, served with salad and garlic twists. They even deliver ...

Michele, so true! I've been growling at DH the same thing. Why couldn't we wait until AFTER Christmas?

And do you know how he deals with it? He looks at pictures of yummy food and SHOWS THEM TO ME. Then he talks about food NON-STOP!!!!

I mean, that's just cruel and unusual, don't you think?

Erica Orloff 12/08/2007 10:48:00 AM  

spy:
You know . . . don't think of it as fruit. you;re a WRITER. Think of it as LUCIOUS, juicy, dripping with sweetness strawberries. Go find kiwis and star fruit and pomegranates and unusual tropical fruits, not the run-of-the-mill apples (though they can be sweet or tart and crisp and . . .).

Get into the fruit thing, Spy. ;-)
E

Liz Wolfe 12/08/2007 01:42:00 PM  

I feel your pain. I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes this year. My Doc said that if I change my eating habits and exercise and lose weight, it's possible to reverse that diagnosis. I just came back from the Orowheat bread outlet where I spent half an hour reading ingredients on bread packages. It's hard to find bread that is really whole grain that doesn't have some enriched flour or high-fructose corn syrup in it. I'd like to find the idiot who invented HFCS and beat him or her senseless.
Remember, you will feel better for doing this. It just takes a little time.

Edie 12/08/2007 05:29:00 PM  

LOL I do love fruit and vegetables. Today was our chapter Christmas party. I ate too much, talked too much, and had a great time. Liz Kreger and I met earlier and shopped. :)

I have a feta cheese pizza recipe. I just made it yesterday. I use the whole wheat Bartoli's (sp?) ready-made pizza crust. It's delicious and I think it's not too fattening. My husband loves me too. If you want it, email me.

Edie 12/08/2007 05:33:00 PM  

I said my husband loves me too. I meant loves the pizza too, although the first is also true. :)

Bailey Stewart 12/08/2007 05:56:00 PM  

Edie's right, there are low-fat pizza recipes.

I won't tell you that I lost 30lbs on the junk food diet. I promise.

spyscribbler 12/08/2007 10:04:00 PM  

Oh, yum, Erica. I'm craving strawberries now! That's good, that's really good ...

I LOVE pomegranates, but I've never tried star fruit, although I almost always look at it and think that I want to try it. What am I waiting for?

Liz, that sucks! But let me tell you about this bread at Trader Joe's, if you have one. It's sprouted rye bread, and it has high fiber/protein and low carbs. No sugar or anything, that I can remember. It's a clear package with orange on it.

Yeah, Edie, I love them too. Except when I tell myself I can't have other things, LOL, then I just want the other things!

I hope you had fun at the Christmas party! That recipe sounds fabulous ... I might just ask you for it, and use it on a cheat day someday. Dairy and white flour are out, for awhile. Can I put olives on it?

Wow, Bailey! That's awesome! I am jealous!