Wednesday, January 02, 2008

About You; Favorite Book?

I’ve been blogging for about a year and a half now! My posts, it seems, get a little bit self-centered and selfish around the New Year. I think a lot around this time.

But my favorite thing about my blog is you guys. As I said about a year ago, Mi Blogga, Su Blogga. Please let me know if you ever want to guest blog, if your book isn’t listed to the right, or if you want me to change the book listed to the right.

I’m almost positive everybody’s blog is listed, but if it’s not, please let me know. Because if it’s not there, it means I’m probably missing your posts, and you know how I’m addicted to reading y’all’s blogs.

Or if you change your website, start a new blog, (Oh! Right! Check out Erica Orloff’s new blog about her adventures with her adorable Demon Baby!), or anything. Really.

So on the theme of being a bit self-centered, I’m trying to decide on a book to get with a generous and much appreciated gift certificate.

What’s the most inspiring book you’ve ever read, the most life-changing, and/or the most treasured? I’m thinking in the non-fiction category. Something to inspire me for the New Year.

8 bonus scribbles:

Anissa 1/02/2008 11:02:00 PM  

Honestly, I read so little non-fiction that I feel completely at a loss for a recommendation. :(

I hope others will be more inspired. :)

Edie 1/02/2008 11:30:00 PM  

If you haven't read Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert, do so. It's a keeper.

spyscribbler 1/03/2008 01:19:00 AM  

LOL, Anissa. That's okay!

Oh, Edie, I just read the blurb thing. Sounds fascinating! I am definitely going to check that out.

StarvingWriteNow 1/03/2008 07:41:00 AM  

Probably one of the most important non-fiction books I've ever read was Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care; the first line says "You know more than you think you do." That one line did more for me in motherhood--and beyond--than volumes could have.

Erica Orloff 1/03/2008 08:10:00 AM  

Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning.

Changed my life forever.

E

spyscribbler 1/03/2008 12:27:00 PM  

Oh, WriteNow, that is a great line for that moment in your life! There is nothing like teaching or parenting to make one humble.

Oh, you've mentioned that before, Erica! Can you believe, I looked it up at Borders, and they didn't have it? That one is definitely on my list.

Josephine Damian 1/03/2008 10:17:00 PM  

"The Professor's House" - fiction by Willa Cather. Taught me it's never too late to make changes to your life to achieve your dreams.

Ello 1/03/2008 11:52:00 PM  

I think your blog is super!