Thursday, January 31, 2008

Baby Girl Brilliance

I don’t have much to say. I’m writing, and it’s going great while I’m writing. I think I have to readjust my self-expectations to taking off two or three days a week just to keep up with the business that DH usually takes care of.

And anyway, it doesn’t matter that I have nothing to say, because Erica Orloff’s brilliant baby girl (10) has a poem to share, and is asking your advice on being a kid writer.

Go here to share your wisdom and enjoy her poem!

4 bonus scribbles:

Erica Orloff 1/31/2008 10:30:00 PM  

You are a living angel.

Thanks! She is loving the collective wisdom of my writing friends (though I think her very wise already--and not just because she's said nice--unprompted--things about me--which I have to say has made me cry).

xo
E

Zoe Winters 2/01/2008 01:16:00 PM  

I think she's just about the coolest kid I've come across in awhile. Very sharp. I think it made most of us all nostalgic. When I see a kid that writes and is so into it, it really makes me think we're part of a secret club or something. Made just a little bit different than the rest of the world. We're both blessed and cursed with this writing thing, and it's so cool to see others starting on this same journey.

And Erica....awwww yeah she's said some really sweet things. You've got a good kid there.

Erica Orloff 2/01/2008 05:34:00 PM  

Zoe:
It is neat seeing it part of her--I have been writing stories since I could hold a pen. But I don't really remember sharing my stuff with my parents . . . maybe because they WEREN'T writers.

E

spyscribbler 2/01/2008 08:58:00 PM  

Hah, Erica, I've never been called that before! :-)

And I know the things she said about you were well-deserved. :-) So nice to hear them, though, isn't it?

Zoe, isn't she? Very cool. I was never a writer when I was young. I read 2 - 3 books a night, but only wrote for the Power of the Pen competition.

Woulda been cool!