Friday, January 18, 2008

Resisting Relaxation

My brain and body are a bit stubborn. See, once in awhile I feel like I need a day off (I only take true days off, like ... um, once every couple months, really) but I resist it, feeling guilty that I should do some business stuff or write.

So I aim to do all those things, but by the end of the day, all I’ve accomplished is both not relaxing and not getting anything done, because my brain and body just sort of refused.

If I had known they were going to go on strike, I just woulda laid on the couch and read a book.

Maybe I’ll just give in tomorrow. Probably not.

Does that ever happen to you?

4 bonus scribbles:

Edie 1/18/2008 10:35:00 PM  

That happens to me too many days. At least today I got a few things done, although not much in the way of writing. :(

Aimless Writer 1/19/2008 09:21:00 AM  

A whole day in my pj's on the couch is a day in heaven! Yes, I occasionally have these days. Cherish them. They are few and far between.

Melanie Avila 1/19/2008 06:18:00 PM  

Yes. It's different when you choose to spend the day doing nothing vs. ending up doing nothing. Today was closer to the later - I painted half my house, so not nothing, but certainly nothing writing related.

spyscribbler 1/20/2008 11:43:00 AM  

Edie, I know the feeling. My writing has been slacking so far this year. I've been obsessed with organizing my life, LOL.

Aimless, that sounds like heaven! My problem is I say I'm not going to take the day off, but then I don't get anything done. And I miss an opportunity to sit in my pjs on the couch and read!

Melanie, that is a LOT of something! Wow! LOL ... I feel really lazy now. :-)