Saturday, January 12, 2008

You Are Creative

It’s funny, how when I get the most overwhelmed, I’m almost done. Like, when I said I had to take a break from blogging, I figured it would take me a week to get caught up. And the next day, I got caught up. So I’m pretty sure I’m back. I think I have everything organized now.

I’ve just responded to all your comments, but I read them throughout the week
and thanks for the many smiles and laughs you gave me! Forgive me for dropping the ball on our conversation!

On to the post ...

When I’m a little bit sad, I don’t want to go to bed. If I’d just go to bed, I’d be asleep and it wouldn’t matter how sad I was. The next morning I’d wake up feeling better, without that sad feeling.

But no, when I’m a little sad, I sit up, trying to find a way to feel good before I go to bed. I have no idea why.

So I downloaded one of those guided meditation/hypnosis/affirmation recordings to my palm pilot. They always make me fall asleep. As I was making my way through the hypnosis, I was just asleep when it said, "You are creative, brimming with ideas."

And, goshdarnit, not two minutes later I was OUT of bed, scribbling down ideas, trying to get flashes of story on to paper.

I knew I shoulda gotten the Deep Sleep one.

The big project that was sucking tons of time was finished yesterday! I seem to have a system that is shakily in place, so I can be both me and DH while he’s gone. (Just sleep three hours less and wake up three hours earlier.) And I rewarded myself with a trip to the movies: I saw Juno (wow--good--I was expecting fluff, but it was great!) and The Bucket List (fabulous!).

Have you ever made a Bucket List? What would be the top few things on your list?

14 bonus scribbles:

Erica Orloff 1/12/2008 01:39:00 PM  

Funny. I don't have a Bucket List. I don't have any big desire to travel or see something or do something before I kick the bucket. I think I do what I want pretty much every day.

I would like to make a documentary film. I would like to get a doctorate in comparative religion. Those two things. But it's not a BURNING desire because I pursue those thing (creativity and studying philosophy) anyway.

E

spyscribbler 1/12/2008 02:08:00 PM  

LOL. What's even funnier is someone asked me that the other day, and I said exactly what you said, that if I want to do something, I do it.

Although, I do have that RV desire. Definitely working on doing that one, big time.

J.K. Mahal 1/12/2008 02:18:00 PM  

I have a list of things I'd like to do and I've been doing them. Finishing my novel is the big one right now. But I want to learn Spanish and get better at French. I want to go hot air ballooning and write a play and have/raise a child.

My friend Anne had a small list of things she wanted to do and in the year before cancer took her away, she did. On her list was going to Alaska and I still remember how happy she was to have seen the Aurora Borealis.

Erica Orloff 1/12/2008 02:41:00 PM  

J.K.:
Oh, THAT is on my list. Seeing that.
E

Liz 1/12/2008 04:29:00 PM  

learn to cook a soufle. I've never had one, don't think I've ever seen one, have no idea what's in one. But it sounds good.

writtenwyrdd 1/12/2008 05:13:00 PM  

I loved the story in your previous post, too, but you shouldn't worry about not blogging when you don't have time. Funny how it starts to seem like there's a deadline to blog. It's not a paid job, but it seems to give the sense of continuing a conversation, or joining into a community.

Blogging has both aided my writing and distracted me from it, lol.

StarvingWriteNow 1/12/2008 07:19:00 PM  

I want to return to Egypt. And London. And take Son with me.

Aimless Writer 1/12/2008 10:25:00 PM  

I'd like to see Paris and that place in New Mexico where they say aliens land. Rosewell, I feel that calling me. :)
And I'd like to win the lottery -or get a great book deal!- and build an animal shelter thats like a home with couches and rugs instead of cages.
No exciting bucket list here but it would make me happy.

spyscribbler 1/12/2008 11:17:00 PM  

J.K., I would love to see that! DH has been to Alaska twice this last year, and I'm dying to go.

I'd love to have a child, too.

LOL, Liz, it does sound good. Have you seen pictures of chocolate souffles? They sure look yummy!

Writtenwyrd, I see what you mean. I don't think it's ever distracted me from it, since I don't write at home. But I need to start writing at home, so that may change, LOL.

Oh Writenow, WOW! I'd love to go to Egypt! And to London! Yes!

Aimless, I'll take the lottery, too. Sounds good to me!

lainey bancroft 1/13/2008 11:17:00 AM  

I do that to myself all the time, Spy. When you stop listing it and just DO it, it often isn't as overwhelming as you expect.

Don't really think I have a bucket list, but I do love to travel (despite hating to fly) and there are many parts of the world I haven't explored.

Hmm, judging by the 500lbs of hairy beasts on my furniture, I think I live in that shelter aimless writer is talking about!

p.s, ALPHASMART? love it. blogged about it today!!!

Edie 1/13/2008 11:18:00 AM  

When I had cancer, I realized what was important to me. It wasn't money or trips or jumping out of airplanes. It was holding the people I loved close to me. Saying that I loved them.

I still tell my son and sister I love them every time we talk on the phone. Just a short "Love you" before we hang up. I hug a lot more.

The only thing I really want besides family and friends is to sell my book, hold it in my hands, see it on bookshelves ... and then another book, another one, another one, and so on and so on and so on.

spyscribbler 1/13/2008 11:54:00 AM  

So true, Lainey! I've gotten into the habit of carrying around my little palm pilot and writing down things I need to do as soon as I think about them, and then when it's time to DO, I can just DO, like you said.

I'm headed over to learn about the AlphaSmart!

Edie, that makes a lot of sense. That's why I hate this separation. You can do without a lot of things, but love, hugs, and time spent together is something you never get a second chance for.

alex keto 1/13/2008 04:56:00 PM  

I gotta get a recording that says, "You are rich."
Do they have those available? Wandered over from Travis Erwin's blog

spyscribbler 1/13/2008 05:31:00 PM  

They do, Alex, they do! They have one for just about everything: creativity, procrastination, deep sleep, money, happiness, diet ... everything!

Thanks for popping by!