Friday, February 15, 2008

Power Weekend.

So it’s off for a whole four days to get an insane amount of writing done. I want to finish current WIP and start a new one. So either I’ll write a ton of blogs, or none at all, or be scattered, depending on how long I procrastinate each morning. :-)

This Emily Dickinson poem, delivered to my Inbox via Daily Lit, reminded me of Mark Terry’s post today:

POWER.

You cannot put a fire out;
A thing that can ignite
Can go, itself, without a fan
Upon the slowest night.

You cannot fold a flood
And put it in a drawer, --
Because the winds would find it out,
And tell your cedar floor.

Oh ... and want to listen to Neil Gaiman read his story, Harlequin Valentine from Telling Tales? Go here.

What are your plans for the weekend?

4 bonus scribbles:

Edie 2/15/2008 08:41:00 PM  

Love the poem. My weekend is busy, starting today. My husband and I saw Absolutely Maybe and went out for a great dinner (the seafood special, which included mahi mahi and tilefish). Tonight I'll start reading a friend's ms. to brainstorm revisions with her. Tomorrow I'm going to my chapter meeting and out to lunch afterward with Liz Kreger. And unless we get lucky, Sunday we'll have snow.

Have fun writing!

spyscribbler 2/16/2008 09:12:00 AM  

Tilefish? I've never heard of it, LOL! Wow, you do have a fun and busy weekend planned. I'm so bummed, but my chapter's meetings have not panned out at all this year for my schedule. I've gone to one retreat. I can't even go to our local conference.

I hope you and Liz have a great lunch!

Bernita 2/18/2008 06:57:00 AM  

Plans?
Writing. Snow shovelling as a break.

spyscribbler 2/18/2008 10:34:00 AM  

Ugh, you and your snow shovel, Bernita! We were lucky this weekend.

I got nothing done, though. I've been on the couch with the mother of all colds and chest congestion. Ick.