Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Priceless -

I'm currently putting off shoveling myself out of the driveway as long as possible. (I must have the WORST snow plow guy in the state.)

Anyway, I stumbled across this quote from David Montgomery's blog. Dennis Lehane said about the "homage" novel what I've always thought but haven't said:

"... the "homage," which involved grafting the plot
of a Shakespeare play or some similarly pantheonic
work over a contemporary setting, thereby proving
the writer had read his/her classics and was
therefore worthy of our attention and esteem but
also wholly overlooking the small fact that he/she
was too devoid of originality to tell a story that
he/she had actually, you know, created."

ROFL. Made me laugh today. Wanted to share.

Okay, I really just wanted to take a break from shoveling. Don't make me go back out there?! Where is my snow plow guy?!

13 bonus scribbles:

Travis Erwin 2/27/2008 03:16:00 PM  

I won't mention it is the mid seventies here today.

Michele 2/27/2008 04:03:00 PM  

Okay, if you're not going to mention it, Travis, then I'm not going to mention it's in the mid-seventies here as well. ;-)

Love the Lehane quote!

Ello 2/27/2008 05:10:00 PM  

Ha! that's sweet! And so sorry about the snow. We don't have snow but it is so cold that I am miserable. The wind chill is like 20 below!

conley730 2/27/2008 07:46:00 PM  

It's 48 here right now and we haven't had snow ALL year :(

Yesterday when I was reading your blog my boys saw your pic and said they wanted you to come to our house. Just wanted to let you know you have a couple of 3-year old fans!

Good luck shoveling or finding the snow plow guy!

spyscribbler 2/27/2008 10:43:00 PM  

Travis! Michele! How could you? I call you guys my friends, and what do you do? Rub seventy degree weather in my face?

Man. I'd give to move to wherever you live!

spyscribbler 2/27/2008 10:44:00 PM  

Ello, I don't mind the snow, but shoveling two feet of snow when I've got this cough that isn't going away was enough to turn me into a self-pitying whiner, LOL.

spyscribbler 2/27/2008 10:45:00 PM  

Oh Conley, I'll take 48 and no snow!

And I think your twins sense that I have a waiting room always at the ready with cookies and hot chocolate, LOL.

:-)

Michele 2/27/2008 10:55:00 PM  

Aww, I'm sorry, Spy. I'm just jealous. I'm always whining that I want some snow and weather with my winter. Pure jealousy. :-)

Sorry your cough is lingering.

spyscribbler 2/27/2008 11:07:00 PM  

Just teasing, Michele. :-) I'd love to send you some snow! And DH wants to move. When we do, I'm sure I'll miss it. There's nothing I love better than being snowed in for days and drinking hot chocolate with brandy, while watching movies with DH.

But, yeah, that like, never happens. Still. Every time it snows, I enjoy the fantasy!

Edie 2/28/2008 08:09:00 AM  

I wish I could give Michele some of our snow. We're getting some more tonight. Argh.

Good luck with your snowplow guy. Ours is pretty good.

Aimless Writer 2/28/2008 08:31:00 AM  

We don't have enough snow here. However, given the fact that dh is traveling again, if it did snow, I'd just let it melt.
:)~
31 degrees here.

StarvingWriteNow 2/28/2008 08:58:00 AM  

Did the snowplow guy ever come? I shovelled mine out three times the last 2 days. Joy! Rapture!

And for the quote: LOL!!

spyscribbler 2/28/2008 10:50:00 AM  

I'm jealous, Edie! I'm hiring a service next year, one that's four times as expensive but CONSISTENT!

Write Now, he didn't show up. The work made my foot all cogreaux again. Oh well. What can you do?

Aimless, I'm sorry! I can empathize. I'm so lonely for DH this week I can barely see straight.