Monday, March 10, 2008

Directions, Paths, Life Crises.

So life, a couple realizations, my failure to get my foot better, and loneliness for DH has definitely instilled in me a fierce desire to make more money so he never has to go away again.

But approaching one's planning with an attitude of I don't give a damn what I do anymore; I just never want DH and I to be parted again, is not exactly the best position to be contemplating my next move on the chess board that is life. It's making me too distracted with options, and I can't hear where my next step should be.

I was also thinking of the universe, God, the Goddess, and destiny.

Well, LOL. If you're going to have a crisis, why not go all the way?

I'm always slow to take chances, and life has a way of backing me into a corner and forcing me to tackle it full-on.

Sometimes I feel like destiny forces me one way, even when I'm trying to take a safer route.

I feel like more and more doors are shutting, and I'm not sure which doors to pry open. I know it's a natural progression of life, that the more we specialize in one thing, the less we know about others. The more steps we take towards one goal, the further we get from other options.

And that makes each step forward we take even scarier, I suppose. Each step seems to have a higher price, and a higher risk, but with a greater payoff.

If you shut one door to open another, is that a failure or a step forward? At some point, the cost of keeping too many doors open means you're stuck out in the hallway and you're making a success of none.

Diversification is much safer, but safety doesn't mean greater success.

Can you tell I'm not much of a gambler?

I'm talking nonsensical circles without details. Well, I'm tired. Daylight Savings Time is the lousiest idea EVER.

Any thoughts? I sure as heck don't have any conclusions today.

4 bonus scribbles:

Heather Harper 3/11/2008 12:26:00 AM  

DST is a dumb and came about so consumers would have more daylight to make purchases. (It works, btw.)

Sorry about you being seperated from your hubs. Mine travels for business more than he is home. Don't know exactly how you feel, but I do feel a kindred pain. It sucks.

And please send me a link to the chocolate mint tea. (If you can find it.) I can't find it online.

spyscribbler 3/11/2008 01:07:00 AM  

Hey, Heather! It's Harney and Sons Chocolate Mint Tea. It's worth every penny. Really yummy stuff. Really yummy!

Bernita 3/11/2008 05:18:00 AM  

You're a Libra, aren't you?
Like me.

spyscribbler 3/11/2008 08:50:00 AM  

Who, me? Some days it feels like a curse, Bernita!