Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Oh No, Help PLEASE!

Oh no! I switched ISPs, and on Thunderbird, I deleted the email account that was no longer active.

I didn't know it was going to delete the folder!

I didn't know it was going to delete all the subfolders!

And I can't find any way to restore it.

Oh, please, does someone know how to restore it? I have my royalty information for the past few years, and a list reader email addresses and TREASURED reader emails that have taken me YEARS to build up.

Oh, please, please, please. Does anyone out there know what to do? It's not in my Trash. There's no undo button. There's nothing! How can that be? It can't just disappear!

Can it?

7 bonus scribbles:

Heather Harper 3/12/2008 03:34:00 PM  

You need to contact the previous ISP and ask for assistance.

So sorry!

Heather Harper 3/12/2008 03:39:00 PM  

Oh!!!

If you run XP or Vista, you can do a system restore to a date before you deleted the program. That might put everything back in its place!

I don't know what Mac calls their restore program, but I bet they have one, too.

spyscribbler 3/12/2008 03:48:00 PM  

Nah, the previous ISP doesn't have them, because I downloaded to my computer, unfortunately. But I'll try the system restore tonight, if I can't find another method!

meljean brook 3/12/2008 04:05:00 PM  

Maybe try this?

http://jivebay.com/2007/02/09/restore-deleted-email-in-thunderbird/

meljean brook 3/12/2008 04:06:00 PM  

Oops -- just in case that didn't work, I'll actually link it.

meljean brook 3/12/2008 04:19:00 PM  

And I just checked -- I have one account that I deleted from Thunderbird, and by going into that folder, I saw that all of the e-mails are still there. So even if it takes a while to figure out how to get them easily accessible again, at least they're there :-)

spyscribbler 3/12/2008 04:35:00 PM  

Ohmigosh, thank you! That wasn't quite the link I needed, but it led me to a link I DID need, and I did recover it!

Thank you SO much, Meljean! I was in tears!