Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Someday, bloody someday.

So remember last week, when I said DH should be home in two weeks? Well, that's what he said. But he has a weird way of looking at time, because when I sat down yesterday and looked at the calendar, I realized it was still two more weeks before he got home.

That was a mite depressing.

And then, because he sees the light at the end of the tunnel, he's evidently trying to save money by not calling me. (It's $1 a minute. So, I can kinda see his point.)

So I haven't talked to him in three days. That doesn't work so well for me.

To make matters worse, I am SO stalled on my current WIP. It's like, I have one good writing day, where I put out 8,000 words, but then my brain won't STOP.

So the next day, I'm trying to write on two hours of sleep and coffee. That doesn't exactly work well.

I wish coffee didn't make me sick. I could get so much done.

I'm whining. It's one of those weeks. I went to the grocery store, and in a fit of wanting to save money, I bought cheap food. $60 for two weeks of food. I was so proud of myself. Problem is, saving $100 on food doesn't help when eating pasta makes you so tired you can't even get out of bed.

Well, this is silly.

Since I have nothing good to give you today, I'll send you here. It's been awhile since I last listened to U2. I miss 'em. When I first heard Sunday, Bloody Sunday, I thought it was called, "Someday, bloody someday."

Funnily enough, that's kind of how I feel at the moment. Someday I'll get this WIP finished. Someday DH'll come home. Someday I'll get spy novel finished.

Someday, bloody someday.

13 bonus scribbles:

Heather Harper 3/18/2008 04:52:00 PM  

Coffee upsets my tummy, but I heart it so very much. I just can't have it all the time or it would give me an ulcer.

Hugs on your hubby seperation issue. I "try" not to think about how much it sucks when he is gone. Denial works pretty well.

;-)

Heather Harper 3/18/2008 04:53:00 PM  

And by "he", I mean "my he". ;-)

spyscribbler 3/18/2008 05:11:00 PM  

Heather, some days denial works better than other days. I need to try it more often! I think they should make a network of lonely wives. Then we can all hug each other! I hope your 'he' gets home soon!

Michele 3/18/2008 11:09:00 PM  

I'm hugging you, too. :-)

And I'm in awe of you being able to write 8,000 words in one day. Dang.

Here's another hug...

Hang in there!

M.

Michele 3/18/2008 11:18:00 PM  

P.S. And that goes for you too, Heather! :-)

I've been through the separation issue when my husband was away on photo shoots for weeks and weeks then he'd be home for a little bit then away again. It was very difficult. :-(

lainey bancroft 3/19/2008 08:39:00 AM  

{{HUGS}} Spy (and Heather) and a heavy sigh. Not that either of you want to hear this I'm sure, but my 'he' doesn't have enough to do right now and he's bumming around the house way too often, messing up my precious schedule and just plain driving me NUTS!

Can I send him to one of you? He's really quite handy. =)

Aimless Writer 3/19/2008 08:43:00 AM  

My dh is gone too. He should be home this weekend but gone again on Monday. Its the nature of the job-Blah.
I love coffee...however it only loves me for two or three cups.
Hang in there! He'll be home soon.
(((Hugs)))

Edie 3/19/2008 10:27:00 AM  

More hugs coming to you and Heather. Spy, I hope the two weeks will go by fast.

I had an ulcer in the past and stopped drinking coffee. Lately I started again, a cup a day, and last night I felt the beginnings of the ulcer thing. No more coffee for me again.

Zoe Winters 3/19/2008 12:24:00 PM  

You guys need to both get ATT wireless phones. You can call other ATT wireless people for free without cutting into your minutes.

spyscribbler 3/19/2008 12:39:00 PM  

Kate, {hugs} back. Thanks!

Michele, when I say in a day, I mean all day. Like, twelve hours. So it's not that big of a deal. I procrastinate quite a bit, actually. :-) Thanks for the hugs! I didn't mean this to be a pity-me post.

LOL, Lainey! SURE! So funny. But I do remember how noisy the house gets when he gets home, LOL. I'm sure we'll be getting on each other's nerves soon enough!

spyscribbler 3/19/2008 12:42:00 PM  

Aimless, I wonder if I could condition my body to coffee. That would be kind of cool. I'm sorry your DH is gone, too. It's a sad society, that so many partners have to be parted!

Awww, Edie, I'm sorry. I like what it does to my brain (when it doesn't make me fall asleep), but it doesn't like the rest of my body, either.

It might be up to three weeks. But hopefully just two. :-(

Zoe, we have a plan where we can call each other free, but there's no cell phone service where he's at. You wouldn't believe what a boondock Alaska is! I've always taken cell phone service for granted.

Melanie Avila 3/19/2008 06:36:00 PM  

Have you looked into Skype? It's free to call people with accounts anywhere in the world. You need a headset to talk (or a Mac which has everything built in) but that's the only expense. It's also has a cheaper per minute rate in case only one of you can download it. I talk to my family all the time and it costs nothing.