Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Thank You! And Being a Proud Aunt ...

Thank you. So much. Thank you so very much for helping me!

Why is it feel like when I'm all caught up, you guys don't blog nearly enough?

I think I'm missing a couple of your feeds. I guess I'll go do that, LOL.

Oh WAIT! Let me show my niece's very first picture. I think she has a solid, confident stroke, with a good sense of color. I mean, look at how all her lines are parallel! She's barely past one years old. Isn't that pretty talented for one and a quarter years?

firstcolor

11 bonus scribbles:

Ello 3/12/2008 08:32:00 PM  

Oh what a great picture! And you are all caught up? I am never caught up!

mom2brie 3/12/2008 10:04:00 PM  

Aww, aren't you sweet :) I think it's the best picture ever! BUT, I'm a little biased!!

Loreth Anne White 3/12/2008 10:56:00 PM  

Absolutely. Great technique. Can tell it right off :).

I am never caught up, either. I do pop in here often -- although I have been quiet in the comment department, I love this blog. It makes me smile. It makes me sad. And it makes me think ... and it makes me wish your foot would darn heal!!! What can we do about that?

Stephen Parrish 3/13/2008 02:15:00 AM  

Jackson Pollack, look out!

Erica Orloff 3/13/2008 07:27:00 AM  

AWWWW, a true Picasso in the making.
E

avery 3/13/2008 09:54:00 AM  

Those are pretty even lines for such a young age. Grab that talent early and nurture it. I have an abstract painting of a house in a field the Architect did when he was five hanging on the wall. It's amazing. I couldn't paint that well now, with an instructor leaning over me, guiding my hand. Your niece could have the same gift.

lainey bancroft 3/13/2008 10:32:00 AM  

Absolutely wonderful picture. Transported me to a sunny spot on a beach, right beneath a rainbow.

Frame it. Really. Years from now she'll giggle and pretend it's silly but be secretly thrilled (Lainey, who has dozens of cheaply framed masterpieces still lining a shelf in her rec-room. Much to Groovy Girls pretend horror)

Michele 3/13/2008 10:36:00 AM  

Absolutely. Fantastic lines! True Talent, that one--with a capital T.

Edie 3/13/2008 11:42:00 AM  

Another art fan here. I'm with Lainey about framing it. I did that with a drawing from my niece when she was 8, and I know she loved that I did it.

spyscribbler 3/13/2008 12:50:00 PM  

Mom2brie, I'm hoping I can get a copy of one of her early masterpieces. Not the first one, of course. But maybe another one?

LOL, Ello, I was caught up on blog-reading, not life. I should qualify that, LOL.

LOL, Loreth. I've been behind for weeks! And you're so sweet to say such nice things. No worries about commenting. I haven't been commenting much lately, either. :-)

spyscribbler 3/13/2008 12:54:00 PM  

Pollack, Picasso ... hmmm ... Maybe we need to give her a new last name that starts with "P."

:-)

Avery, that is the coolest! I hope I get a copy of one of her early masterpieces. :-)

Lainey and Edie, you're right! That's brilliant!

Definitely, Michele. She's very talented. You should've seen her stand when she first started standing. She's so strong! I mean, I'm serious. I swear to God she has a talent for standing, too. The Alexander Technique could learn a few things from her. I don't stand that well.