Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Thrilled Winner and a Women's Fiction Contest

After the long day writing yesterday, I groaned at my alarm, reset it (okay, all three) for 7:30, and climbed back in bed. Being as addicted as I am to the internet, I checked my email, and was wide awake when I saw Vicki's comment!

What a thrilling way to start my day!

I don't know if you've all noticed, but this makes three regulars at Erica Orloff's blog who've won. I think that surpasses coincidence and suggests two possibilities:

  1. Erica is a good-luck charm.
  2. Erica has such thought-provoking, inspiring, and educational posts, that we walk away better people for having known her, and better writers for having read the knowledge and experience she shares.

So if you have a mind to enter the Women's Fiction Contest at BookEnds blog(good luck!), then pop by Erica's blog first!

And then pllleeeeaaaase pray that she gets home safely from New York.

And stays healthy after that!!!!

15 bonus scribbles:

Aimless Writer 3/27/2008 10:08:00 AM  

CONGRATULATIONS SPY!
Great set up. Loved the feeling put into that piece.
Yay, Spy!

Edie 3/27/2008 10:37:00 AM  

Congratulations!!!!!!! I'm thrilled for you. This is your book, right? Not Psuedonym's? Is it finished? I want to read it. :)

Josephine Damian 3/27/2008 10:40:00 AM  

Well done, Spy! Much congratulations. Interesting take on the commonality of winners. No doubt Erica will see a huge increase of new vistors.

lainey bancroft 3/27/2008 11:23:00 AM  

Yay, Spy! Great entry. Hmm, might have to toss my hat in the ring for the WF...if I find the nerve! :(

spyscribbler 3/27/2008 12:22:00 PM  

Thanks, Aimless! It was such a boost to my day, for sure!

Edie, it's mine, all mine, "real name!" and not yet finished.

Thanks, Josephine. I was sorta teasing about Erica. I have an odd, teasing sort of sense of humor that probably doesn't come through in my writing well enough. But I was serious about reason #2. She's one of my favorite authors, one of m favorite people, and hers is one of my favorite blogs.

Besides, she's on my mind. I'm worried about her.

Go for it, Lainey! What nerve? What's to lose? Hey, I lost the erotica contest before I won this one, and I've been writing erotica for years! (And the winning entry in erotica was definitely better than mine; it kicked ass.)

Oopsy, that's not inspiring. What I meant to say, is it's a contest. If you win, it's a wonderful opportunity. If not, nothing lost, much learned.

Both you and Edie: go for it! I'll be rooting for you!

conley730 3/27/2008 12:52:00 PM  

Congrats! I loved the entry too. It left me wanting more.

Jennifer McKenzie 3/27/2008 04:20:00 PM  

YAYYYYYY!!!! I saw that you won and came right over here to tell you. LOL.
Should have known you'd know already.

Michele Lang,  3/27/2008 08:12:00 PM  

Hey Spy --

A fellow Erica Orloff fan coming by to say

YEY!!!!!

Congrats!

MicheleL

Edie 3/27/2008 11:12:00 PM  

I think I won't go for it after all. But I'll root for Lainey. :)

I'll go over there now and look for her entry.

spyscribbler 3/27/2008 11:22:00 PM  

Thanks, Conley! You're so sweet!

Jennifer, that's so thoughtful of you! It has been a nice gift of a day, that's for sure.

Thanks, Michele! Erica rocks.

Edie, I'm rooting for you anyway! But now I'll be rooting for you longer, until you next need it. That oughta build up some luck. ;-) I once crossed my fingers for a week, hoping to convince my parents to take me to a waterpark. It worked!

Erica Orloff 3/28/2008 12:22:00 PM  

SPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I JUST saw this. You go!!!!!!

xoxoxoxox
Big HUGS!
E

mom2brie 3/28/2008 02:55:00 PM  

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!

Many, many congratulations :) When Brie wakes up from her nap, I'll read your amazing entry to her!

Great job, I'm proud of you!!!

spyscribbler 3/28/2008 08:31:00 PM  

Awww, thanks, Erica! I'm off to re-study all your advice on writing synopses, because I haven't a clue!

Nancy, you're the absolute best. You're just the best. Man. Makes me want to chuck everything and write children's stories.

Michele 3/29/2008 11:28:00 AM  

Yay, Spy! I'm late to the party, but my congrats are heartfelt!! :-) I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I know how much this spy book means to you and you can totally do this...What a fantastic opening!!

Michele :-)

Kate S 4/02/2008 08:12:00 PM  

Woohoo! I only just read about this today. Congratulations! {{hugs}} Now get to work and finish the thing! {{small kick to the seat of spy's pants}} :)