Wednesday, April 09, 2008

He Still Chews Loudly.

Guess what? Lainey Bancroft's new release, Waiting to Waltz, is out today! Head on over, wish her well, and then buy her new book (or even better, buy all three in the series). She writes with a particular depth of character I admire. It makes her writing stand out, better and different.

Last night I broke down. I could stand it no longer. I had to blog. I was jittery and restless. I kept thinking of things I wanted to tell you guys. I wanted to read what was up with you guys.

In fact, you wouldn't believe all I got done on Sunday and Monday. The threat of not blogging makes me work SO much faster! (I still have a lot to do, I'm just taking a day to blog. :-)

To both my great relief and consternation, my DH still chews loudly. I'm so happy he's home. Except he's a slave driver.

Speaking of which, back to work for me. :-)

How are things on your end? Do you have your taxes done? Did you manage without crying? (Always an achievement for me, LOL!)

How's writing?

(Read: please tell me everything I'm missing! And then maybe I can get through another three days of no-blogging!)

11 bonus scribbles:

Zoe Winters 4/09/2008 07:06:00 PM  

hehe are there whips? All good slave drivers have whips.

spyscribbler 4/09/2008 07:18:00 PM  

If only! ;-) Sounds like more fun that way, for sure!

Susan Helene Gottfried 4/09/2008 08:22:00 PM  

I'm such an idiot... I hadn't noticed that roadie's butt! Good catch!

Glad the DH is home. I've been keeping an eye on you...

conley730 4/09/2008 09:39:00 PM  

I'm so glad hubby is home. I got my taxes done a while back. Since I'm now a single mom, I got quite a chunk back. I spent about half of it pre-paying for daycare for the rest of the year. I decided that was a better idea than just blowing it!

Edie 4/09/2008 10:43:00 PM  

I just scribbled a note: "Loud chewing." Thanks, Spy!

Glad hubby's back, and glad you're back. I've been coming here every day, in case you succumbed.

I did my taxes a month ago. No crying, although some swearing. I just talked to a friend who bought an expensive camera and a Mac with her return money. She's happy.

Aimless Writer 4/09/2008 11:28:00 PM  

Blog-withdrawal??? lol
I understand your pain. I have to check on you guys too or I wonder how everyone's doing. And whats a day without Demon Baby???
:)

lainey bancroft 4/10/2008 08:49:00 AM  

*sniff* ya made me cry in my coffee, Spy. You're too sweet!

Chews loudly. =)
Give him liquid nourishment and enjoy the honeymoon!

I had a few days of blog withdrawal too...but still didn't get my taxes done. Because we're self employed, we always owe a chunk, so I put off tallying the final damage until the bitter end. =(

StarvingWriteNow 4/10/2008 11:15:00 AM  

I'm writing.

(okay, you can pick yourself up off the floor now!)

It's not fiction, actually. It's kind of a journal. I decided I need to vent my grief, anger, etc. and writing it down was the way to go.

Michelle,  4/10/2008 12:22:00 PM  

LOL that you couldn't hold out. I've never even tried to set myself a blog-free week. I know I wouldn't manage it :) .

spyscribbler 4/10/2008 02:06:00 PM  

LOL, Susan. I get a little ... crazy in Spring. I think that's all I noticed. :-)

Conley, that's so wise! I was so good about getting my taxes done early last year. Not this one.

Edie, you are so sweet! You know, you hardly ever blog on any day except Sunday, and yet I still pop by your site several days a week, too!

Oh seriously, Aimless! Demon Baby is the cutest.

Lainey, I hear you. Sometimes I feel like I'm just working to pay the government, not myself! I keep procrastinating. And I'd say there's an 80% of precipitation. :-)

WriteNow, that's awesome! I do that, too. I have a file for it. I have to dump those sorts of feelings, or else I can't write anything else!

Michelle, I managed three days, I think. Okay, two and a half. :-)

Bernita 4/11/2008 08:42:00 AM  

Taxes done.
Writing is paralyzed.