Thursday, April 10, 2008

How do you ... ?

  1. Facebook? I've just joined. It's a great way to procrastinate taxes and starting a new WIP.  What's the social etiquette? Do I respond on the wall, just like a blog comments section?
  2. Feel when you end a WIP? I feel weird. Lonely. Lost. Empty. Kinda yucky. I've got this underlying terror that I'll never be able to write another story again. I only feel good when in the middle of the muck of writing.
  3. Feel when you start a new WIP? Do you ever get nervous at first? I feel like I can't relax and call myself a writer again until I've gotten a good 8 - 10,000 words into it. What is up with that? I automatically take away the title of writer, every time I take a day off? Yikes, I'm nutso.
  4. Start a new WIP? I jump in until I've reassured myself that I've got something there to work with. What about you?

And have you heard of Digsby? It puts MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, Instant Messaging, and Email all in one place, right on the side of your computer, so all of the above can interrupt you whenever anything happens.

This is crazy.

And I love Scrabulosisisurlsuw, whatever it's called.

9 bonus scribbles:

Heather Harper 4/10/2008 03:38:00 PM  

I only respond in Facebook if I have time. I've been on for awhile and still don't have it figured out.

And I feel like "I'm not a writer until" all the time. I am crazy, though.

Rhonda Stapleton 4/10/2008 04:39:00 PM  

I'm on facebook--friend me! :D

And yes, the wall is like the comments section of Myspace...

spyscribbler 4/10/2008 06:09:00 PM  

Heather, I've been on Facebook, technically, for six months. But yesterday and today are the first days I've played.

Oh, boy, am I in trouble! It's actually FUN!

Liz Wolfe 4/10/2008 08:47:00 PM  

When I end a WIP, I'm elated. Amazed that I pulled it off and managed to get a manuscript done. Then I kind of wander around feeling like I should be doing something but unable to decide what it is. Then, of course, I remember what it is and start a new WIP. That goes along really well for a chapter or three when I realize I don't have a story. I have a premise. Then I brainstorm, research, write a lot, delete a little, write more until the story is done. Rinse and repeat.

spyscribbler 4/10/2008 11:49:00 PM  

LOL, Liz. The rinse and repeat thing. I don't get it, sometimes! I really don't get that bit.

Travis Erwin 4/11/2008 01:42:00 PM  

Look me up. I'm on Facebook as well.
We can battle in Scrabulous.

R.J. Keller 4/11/2008 05:03:00 PM  

Facebook: I joined and then forgot about it. Dang. Thanks for the reminder.

Feel when I end a WIP: A little depressed. I usually have to fight the urge to start a sequel just so I can spend more time with my characters.

Feel when I start a WIP: Nervous, absolutely. Until I get into my protagonists head. Then the adrenaline kicks in and I'm off.

How do I start a WIP: At the end. Once I know how it ends, I figure out how the story got there.

spyscribbler 4/11/2008 11:36:00 PM  

Done, Travis! Way cool!

R.J., that's cool. Erica Orloff just blogged about starting at the end. Have you been to her blog yet?

Sequels. *sigh* That's such a loaded bag of worms. What would I do without them? What do I do with them?