Meg tagged me for the six random things about me meme (along with several of you a few months ago!).
- If you've ever hung out with actors, then you know you can make the generalization that they have a tendency to affect voices. Sometimes, I have a tendency to do it with my writing, sometimes. If you haven't noticed.
- I cannot translate. Like, I used to read, understand and speak German, but if you ask me to translate, it's incredibly difficult for me. So, for example, if you say "die Katze," I see an image of a cat, but it's difficult for me to pull up the word, "Cat." I either think in one language or the other, not two at the same time.
- Likewise, I have trouble using words to teach music. I'm more likely to grunt and play it and show it. This gets as bad as me having the inability to recall the names of my pieces. So, when I used to get asked what pieces I was working on, I'd say, "La-la-lala-la," and "La la-la-la La." and "Laaaaah, La La."
- I am forgetful and my mind is disorganized. Somehow, this leads people to tell me, "You're so organized!" This is because I plan, plan, and write everything down.
- I have a cleaning list hanging in each room, I write everything down, and I have a list next to the door: keys, cell, palm pilot, purse.
- Anything that's not on the list I forget. So this winter, when DH was gone, I only remembered my coat two or three times. Even with four feet of snow.
Who am I going to tag? Why don't you just share something random about yourself here? Or if you wanna play, let me know, and I'll link you here!
Finally, I accidentally started the tradition of asking how your WIPs are going and what you're working on every Sunday. At first, it was because I had nothing to talk about, but now I look forward to hearing how things are going.
So ... whatcha working on? How's it going? Are you in the beginning, middle, or end? And how was your weekend?