Sunday, April 20, 2008

Six Random Things

Meg tagged me for the six random things about me meme (along with several of you a few months ago!).

  1. If you've ever hung out with actors, then you know you can make the generalization that they have a tendency to affect voices. Sometimes, I have a tendency to do it with my writing, sometimes. If you haven't noticed.
  2. I cannot translate. Like, I used to read, understand and speak German, but if you ask me to translate, it's incredibly difficult for me. So, for example, if you say "die Katze," I see an image of a cat, but it's difficult for me to pull up the word, "Cat."  I either think in one language or the other, not two at the same time. 
  3. Likewise, I have trouble using words to teach music. I'm more likely to grunt and play it and show it.  This gets as bad as me having the inability to recall the names of my pieces. So, when I used to get asked what pieces I was working on, I'd say, "La-la-lala-la," and "La la-la-la La." and "Laaaaah, La La."
  4. I am forgetful and my mind is disorganized. Somehow, this leads people to tell me, "You're so organized!" This is because I plan, plan, and write everything down.
  5. I have a cleaning list hanging in each room, I write everything down, and I have a list next to the door: keys, cell, palm pilot, purse.
  6. Anything that's not on the list I forget. So this winter, when DH was gone, I only remembered my coat two or three times. Even with four feet of snow.

Who am I going to tag? Why don't you just share something random about yourself here? Or if you wanna play, let me know, and I'll link you here!

Finally, I accidentally started the tradition of asking how your WIPs are going and what you're working on every Sunday. At first, it was because I had nothing to talk about, but now I look forward to hearing how things are going.

So ... whatcha working on? How's it going? Are you in the beginning, middle, or end? And how was your weekend?

12 bonus scribbles:

Meg Gardiner,  4/20/2008 11:18:00 AM  

"I am forgetful and my mind is disorganized."

Sounds like me. Except that I keep forgetting to make lists and write things down.

Thanks for playing!

Liz Wolfe 4/20/2008 08:32:00 PM  

Something random about me? I seem to have developed a trait where I'm only capable of doing one thing untilit done. Or at least as done as I can get it. So, if I clean the house (rarely), I don't do anything else that day. If I work on the yard, that's all I do. Unfortunately, this means that I don't seem to be capable of sitting down and writing for a short spurt. I used to be able to do more than one thing. To hop from one task to another. And I think I'd be more productive if I still did that.
As for the WIP? Oh, geez. I feel like I need to hole up in a room somewhere with no distrations. No house to clean, no food to cook, no laundry to do. No Jack Bauer on DVD. Then maybe I could concentrate long enough to figure out the plot. Maybe.

LaDonna 4/20/2008 11:38:00 PM  

Hey Spy, fun facts! And had to smile at Liz's comment, multi-tasking is my challenge in this life. And I'm terrible with remembering names in a crowd.

Edie 4/20/2008 11:51:00 PM  

A cleaning list? Ah, Spy, there's a word for people who keep cleaning lists in each room. I just wait until the dust bunnies get bigger than my cat.

My random fact (besides the dust bunnies) is that I write lists too -- and then forget where I put them.

I'm blogging about my progress on Tuesday at Magical, so I guess that tells you I've ran into a glitch.

Bernita 4/21/2008 08:33:00 AM  

Who cleans?
Am at the end of the middle.
Weekend was sunny - and WARM!

Barrie 4/21/2008 01:07:00 PM  

I had a very busy weekend--children + sports. Yikes!

Where am I with my wip? I'm meandering through my back-burner wip. It's not contracted; no one really knows about it Very enjoyable!

How fun, reading your meme :)

Travis Erwin 4/21/2008 01:46:00 PM  

I'm inching ever so sloe to the end. Maybe in a week or two I'll be finished.

spyscribbler 4/21/2008 04:16:00 PM  

Me, too, Meg! I've been forgetting to look at my lists a lot, lately.

Oh, Liz, I want to be YOU! Doing one thing at a time was my New Year's Resolution this year!

I do notice that I get my best writing down when that's ALL I set out to do in a day.

Jack Bauer: yum. I can't believe how long we have to wait!

spyscribbler 4/21/2008 04:21:00 PM  

LaDonna, I have to say again, I see that as a strength I envy!

Edie, I'm afraid I'm very good at keeping the lists. However, I'm not so good at actually DOING the lists.

But at least they help me remember to, you know, give the cats new water when necessary. Clean the litter box. Which days I wash my hair, even! Oh, god, this is getting embarrassing! :-)

I'm looking forward to your blog!

spyscribbler 4/21/2008 04:22:00 PM  

Oh, wow, Bernita. That's the spot where you always start seeing neurotic posts on my blog, LOL.

We had a BEAUTIFUL weekend, too! I was expecting you to say it was still snowing up there!

spyscribbler 4/21/2008 04:24:00 PM  

Barrie, meandering is always fun. That's what I feel like I'm doing right now. I have to get on top of things, but these two weeks in the year, I generally eat, sleep, and think piano.

Travis, that's what I do at the end. Inch by inch, it goes slower than every other part of the book!

Melanie Avila 4/21/2008 04:46:00 PM  

I've slowly forced myself to STOP making lists. I'm so anal I only write them to re-remind myself when really, it's all in my head. I'm overly organized.

I'm at the beginning of my wip and it's going okay. I haven't worked on it in over a week with all the nonsense going on in our real lives but I'm hoping to get back on track this week.