Even though I once roomed with a girl going through the process of converting to Judaism, I don't know all that much about the religion. We had some fun conversations, (I just love learning about religions), but she never explained Passover to me in this way:
"This week, while I eat my daily matzo, I'll
be trying to identify my own mental leg irons.
I'll search out the fetters that limit my
perceptions and/or interactions, that prevent
me from flying even freer in my creativity, that
stifle the best in my life and loves."
Isn't that beautiful? Read Pari's post at Murderati yesterday.
I'm going with the idea that my lack of organization is my leg iron, which is why I'm organizing my feeds. My addiction to blogging, of course, is not a leg iron.
(Not to diminish her post with a joke. I'm going to give her question some serious thought this week.)
I am making friends with Google Reader again. I think I'm going back to it, because it's too clumsy to add Feeds into Thunderbird. It feels like I don't have enough blogs to visit every day! I don't know what's up. I need to go through my blogroll and make sure you're all in my reader.
Speaking of which, are you in my blogroll?
If not, please tell me. Really, please. Because if you're not, I'm going to miss out when you update your blog, and I hate to miss things.
- This is a most sensible post on promotion, by Lynn Viehl.
- I am so bummed Tess Gerritsen's blog is being shut down. I'm sad. I aspired to be her blog one day.
- And I like Jason Pinter's post on the Point System. Interesting.
- This is late news, but does this mean my beloved Borders is going to be okay?
- Have you been to edittorent? Awesome site.
So what are your mental leg irons? And are you in my blogroll?