Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Good, The Bad, The Snarkiversary

imageFirst, some good news: Tess Gerritsen will be blogging at Murderati every other Tuesday, starting on June 17. HUGE YAY!

Then, the bad news. DH is leaving to work again, day after Memorial Day. I'm telling you now: I'm determined to not mind and be strong. So if I start to whine and feel sorry for myself, I'll feel like an idiot.

And, guess what? Today (May 20th) is the Miss Snark Tribute at Patricia Wood's blog to celebrate the anniversary of her retirement. Head on over and leave a comment.

imageMiss Snark was my first must-read-every-morning blog. I have no idea how I found her, but she got me hooked on reading blogs. For all her snark, she was inspiring, and I'd even describe her as positive, in a snarky kind of way.

The time she took to care, to inform, and to advise was wonderful, above and beyond.

She answered a question of mine, once. I was shocked, touched. And grateful she didn't proclaim me Nitwit of the Day.

And she once popped by my blog. It's the only part of my blog I dust regularly.

I wish she would post once a year. Wouldn't that be nice? Just a treat for those many of us who miss her dearly, who are forever grateful.

6 bonus scribbles:

Aimless Writer 5/20/2008 06:59:00 AM  

Ahh, Miss Snark, where is she now. How we wish she would come back to us.

Edie 5/20/2008 10:59:00 AM  

What a great suggestion for her to post once a year. She was my daily read too. I miss her.

Loreth Anne White 5/20/2008 11:14:00 AM  

That *is* good news about Tess! I can't tell you how much I've missed her blog on my rounds. Thanks for the heads up, Spy.

And sorry to hear about DH :(

I seem to have missed out on the Snarkfest ...wonder how that one happened ....

Avery 5/20/2008 12:57:00 PM  

I wasn't a devoted follower of the Snark, but she did have some very good advice.

J.K. Mahal 5/20/2008 01:47:00 PM  

I miss Miss Snark. She was my first must-read blog too.

What question of yours did Miss Snark answer?

Anissa 5/20/2008 04:40:00 PM  

I miss the Snark! Hard to believe it has been a year...