Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rescuing Your Time

I haven't been around much; I'm sorry. I'm heading out for the weekend -- a much-looked forward to trip to DC!

In the meantime, I've been working hard on the spy thriller and the spy thriller site. I want them both crossed off my list.

I tripped over this awful wonderful tool called Rescue Time that keeps track of how much time you spend on what. The first day I installed it, I found that while writing and working at home, I was at about 10% of productivity.

The second day, I bumped it up to 60% real quick, LOL.

I had no idea I was losing that much time on my computer.

It's a tiny app, easy to use, runs in the background.

If you're finding the computer is a time suck rather than a time saver, Rescue Time has helped me immensely in only three days!

Have a great weekend!

14 bonus scribbles:

Travis Erwin 5/22/2008 02:38:00 PM  

Interesting., I'll have to check it out, though I'm almost afraid of wah the results will be.

spyscribbler 5/22/2008 02:48:00 PM  

It's, er, enlightening. I'm not sure I wanted to know that on Tuesday I spent EIGHT HOURS reading blogs!

Okay, it was my first day off in a month.

Still.

Melanie Avila 5/22/2008 05:47:00 PM  

I'm with Travis, curious but scared.

conley730 5/22/2008 09:16:00 PM  

Enjoy your trip, Spy!

Michelle Lauren 5/22/2008 10:00:00 PM  

Hey Spy,

I don't need to look at a program to know I'm addicted to my computer. I've been on one all day today give or take a few hours.

Just wanted to stop in and say hey and...SURPRISE! I'm officially "tagging" you for a meme. I posted over on my blog. Enjoy!

Edie 5/23/2008 09:56:00 AM  

I'm afraid to put the Rescue Time on mine. Gulp. I'll do it Tuesday or Wednesday.

Have a fabulous time!

LaDonna 5/23/2008 07:16:00 PM  

Hey Spy, be safe and have fun! Also, the Rescue your Time is calling me. I need to definitely check this out...yesterday! lol.

Ello 5/24/2008 01:12:00 AM  

Hey you are heading to my neck of the woods! WE are supposed to have great weather!

And on another note, please pop by this WEdnesday. Dr. Gigi Durham, the author of the Lolita Effect, the media sexualization of young girls and what we can do about it, is guest appearing on my blog this coming WEdnesday to answer questions on this very important topic. It would be wonderful if you could help spread the word or at the very least stop by and be part of our Q&A discussions.

Hope to see you then!

Michelle 5/24/2008 01:28:00 PM  

I am offline a lot at the moment, as I have moved out of my house and am living in a little rental cottage while I wait to fly out to Australia. And there is nothing like having to think about hooking up your cellphone to the USB cable and hopping onto a slow line to make you decide to rather just keep working, LOL.

BTW, very poignant post on Cravings, Spy. I so know what you mean. You described my current mood perfectly.

Aimless Writer 5/24/2008 11:26:00 PM  

Have a great time! Whooohooo! Vacation!

spyscribbler 5/26/2008 02:18:00 PM  

Yeah, Melanie. It was scary, definitely!

Thank you, Conley! It's been an interesting weekend, for sure!

Thanks for the tag, Michelle! I'll definitely get to that after I get home and reorganized!

spyscribbler 5/26/2008 02:19:00 PM  

Thank you, Bernita!

Thanks, Edie! It's been nice so far.

spyscribbler 5/26/2008 02:22:00 PM  

LOL, LaDonna! Let's hope it curbs my addiction!

Ello, that's a wonderful thing. I might not be home yet, I don't know. If I am, I will pop by!

Michelle, your life sounds so exciting! I hope the move goes fabulously and perfectly!

Thank you, Aimless! What a weekend to be here, too!