Friday, June 06, 2008

Fly, fly, fly!

I keep telling myself that every morning. Whatever gets me going, I guess. I haven't been sleeping, so I'm having trouble coming up with something intelligent to say.

Instead, I want to point you to this Freewriting Exercise.  Five minutes, timed. IMPORTANT: If you like what you wrote, be sure to copy and paste before the 5 minutes is up, because it'll delete it!

It's teaching me to write in 5 minute chunks.

It's getting me through the writing shit phase. Yesterday I started out with some nonsense about the street being quiet except for the sound of the twinkling stars (????!!!!!), and I ended up with half a scene that was usable. I was shocked.

(But then I forgot to cut and paste before it deleted it. *sigh*)

So, cool. It gets me through when the getting is hard.

And I want to share this picture I have as my desktop background, inspired by my latest motto: "Fly, fly, fly!" Isn't that an awesome picture? I love it in so many ways.

I'd rather get hammered by big waves than sit on the beach. And life is more exhilarating when you're just this close to wiping out.

;-P

surf flip

5 bonus scribbles:

Anissa 6/06/2008 07:55:00 PM  

What an awesome picture! I love it!

Edie 6/07/2008 12:32:00 AM  

I went into the link, and my cat is sitting on the desk and she started sweeping her tail back and forth. Now she's whacking my hand with her tail. She's playing with me. LOL I'll have to do the exercise when she's sleeping.

spyscribbler 6/07/2008 09:44:00 AM  

It inspires me, Anissa!

Edie, that's hilarious. I love my cats. :-) They can interrupt me anytime. They're the only ones allowed.

Melanie Avila 6/08/2008 12:22:00 PM  

I love the picture! Funny, I have all the waves I can handle and I'm terrified to go beyond my waist. You can have them!

R.J. Keller 6/09/2008 02:03:00 PM  

That 5-minute freewriting exercise was a seriously invigorating experience. Thanks a bunch and bundle for the link! I plan to use it each time my muse forsakes me.