Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yikes! Will you see if it works, please?

So my good news: I have finally finished building SpyThrillers.org, something I've been working on for about a year. (Learning how to work a content management thingamabob has been ... an education.) There's not a lot of books in the database yet, but that's the easy part.

It's not going live until July 1, after I've added a few more books. I think, I hope, I pray, I'm crossing my fingers, and I'm knocking on wood, that everything works right now.

Did I mention it's not totally done? I will have more than three authors up by next week. :-)

I would TOTALLY consider it a HUGE favor if you'd hop over to The Spy Books Drop Site and click around, see if anything's broken or slow or whatever.

There is one really cool thing there right now: an interview with Brett Battles.  Brett's second book, The Deceived, came out today! I'm loving it so far. His voice is really strong, and I love the way it opens. Can't wait to read the rest!

The other thing: I can't think of a title for the site. Is The Spy Books Drop Site too corny? Do most people know what a drop site is? Have any other ideas?

So ... what do you think? Do I look okay in this dress site?

If you want to read why I built this site, you can check it out on the Spy Books Blog.

(If you want to know my real agenda, then I'll tell you tomorrow, here. :-)

7 bonus scribbles:

Robin 6/25/2008 08:09:00 AM  

Spy,
Terrific site! You did a wonderful job! I'm a computer illiterate, so I can't even conceive of how you did it.
The smiley selection is funny, but it takes a long time to completely come up. Is there any way to speed that up?
There might be some computer retards like me who like spy books yet don't know what a feed is. Would it be better to say "Subscribe to" on the right, instead of "Feeds"? I don't know.
Those are my only unhelpful comments.
-Robin

Edie 6/25/2008 08:36:00 AM  

Great site, Spy! You look fabulous in the dress ... er, site. You are a star! :) I kept clicking into your blog yesterday to see what your good news was.

Spy Books Drop Site sounds good to me.

spyscribbler 6/25/2008 09:45:00 AM  

Robin, thanks! I feel like a computer illiterate, too. It's been a slow, slow process. :-) I'll have to see what I can do to speed up the smiley selection.

GREAT idea on the feeds. (The formatting in them is messed up at the moment. Gotta put that on the list, too!)

spyscribbler 6/25/2008 09:45:00 AM  

Oh, and Robin, you mean HELPFUL comments. Thank you!

spyscribbler 6/25/2008 09:46:00 AM  

LOL, Edie. Thanks! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound more exciting than what it was! I suppose it was just good news for me. Most of the grunt work is done, and now I get to do the fun part: add books and authors!

Melanie Avila 6/25/2008 10:47:00 AM  

Congratulations! I'm heading out the door now but I'll check it out this afternoon!

R.J. Keller 6/25/2008 12:10:00 PM  

It looks great!! And what an awesome idea. I've bookmarked it so I can check back every day.