Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Dead Series, Dead Tomatoes, Dead Spider. And TinyBuddha ...

First, Laurell K. Hamilton said it better than I did awhile back, about how TV shows and fictional characters can become your friends. This weekend I was stupid, and since I've discovered the free online episodes at the networks, I decided to check out Bionic Woman.

I got hooked on Bionic Woman. Not at ALL what I expected. LOVED it. Looked it up. CANCELLED!

*sigh*

Life is pretty strange at the moment.  Lots of stuff stressing me that I can't really talk about, but you know how when you can't talk about something you want to talk about it more?

Such is life.

I went out to tend my tomato plants, and my one plant with loads of green baby plum tomatoes on it has been picked. Not in a way an animal would do it, nor in a position where an animal could do it.

Long ago, I've resigned myself to the fact that everything in my house can and will be broken by a student, who will hide it from me. And sometimes even the parents break stuff and don't say anything.

And I'm usually pretty cool with that. Usually I don't care one slightest bit; I just consider it one of the costs.

But gosh, it would've been really nice if my tomatoes hadn't been broken. I sort of loved them.

I went out to see if they'd grown any like twice a day. Five times a day at first. I know that's silly.

And I killed a spider today. I totally didn't mean to but I felt really bad.

Gosh, I sound down. I'm not really. Today's a laundry and errand day. Not exactly fun, but it feels good to get those little things done.

Here's something chipper: If you Twitter, try following Tiny Buddha. Little Zen quotes to perk up your day, all day long!

How's your day/week going?

15 bonus scribbles:

Zoe Winters 7/01/2008 05:20:00 PM  

Well I slept til 2 pm, lol, not great. My sleep schedule is SO screwed up and it screws with my productivity. I need to be on people hours.

Aimless Writer 7/01/2008 06:29:00 PM  

I'm up in Massechusetts (sp?).
So, dh was at work I corrected one of my wips, put on my ipod and walked a mile around the town, met dh for lunch, stole the car and went to Walmart & Barnes and Nobles. Then picked up dh and came back to the hotel to work out in the gym here. Now I'm collapsed on the couch.
Tomorrow I'm locking myself in the room with a coffee pot and WRITE! My idea of a perfect day.
:)~

Robin 7/01/2008 07:14:00 PM  

I'm enjoying having no kids at home and eating weird things like seaweed salad for dinner. I'm also totally stressing about my book reading/signing on Sunday. I still don't know what to read. And a friend is throwing me a dinner party Sat to celebrate the book, and I feel guilty and like I don't deserve it. There is my pitiful life. For fun, I'm going to find the kid who broke your tomato plant and wring his little neck.

Edie 7/01/2008 07:50:00 PM  

Oh, I like Aimless's day. Sucks about someone stealing your tomatoes. That's just mean.

I didn't write as much as I should. I was chasing around today. I need to write 6 pages yet, at least. So I shouldn't be commenting blogs then, should I?

LaDonna 7/01/2008 09:33:00 PM  

Hey Spy, sorry about the tomato plant. I totally know what you mean too. Ran bought about five of them, and we go out and look at them, watering and babying them daily. Fresh tomatoes are such a treat, and we've been planting a few yearly.

Today was hubby's day off, and we enjoyed having coffee together. He fixed brunch, sausage and eggs, and we enjoyed those as well. I worked on my laptop some, and spent time together. We ended the day with grilled chops, and now we're watching Lonesome Dove.

Perfect day....

spyscribbler 7/01/2008 10:58:00 PM  

Zoe, I remember when I was sick and I'd sleep in until 2. Even though I'd be up late working, it still feels disconcerting.

spyscribbler 7/01/2008 10:59:00 PM  

Aimless, I want your day and tomorrow's day, too! Wow, so cool! I'm locking myself in Borders with coffee, tomorrow!

spyscribbler 7/01/2008 11:00:00 PM  

LOL, Robin! I don't think it matters what you read. From the excerpt I read, I bet it's all hilarious! Good luck!

spyscribbler 7/01/2008 11:01:00 PM  

Edie, I was running around all day today, too. It felt good to cross things off my list, but not so good not to get anything important done, you know?

spyscribbler 7/01/2008 11:01:00 PM  

Wow, Ladonna, that is so romantic! That is a perfect day. Coffee, brunch, movie together.

*sigh*

Avery 7/01/2008 11:55:00 PM  

I know how you feel about the plants. I have some basil that was being ravaged by June Bugs. I went outside every night with a flashlight for three weeks, picking the nasty red beetles off by hand (I don't like killing things either, so I put them in a jar and drove them to a remote location and set them free). Despite my efforts, the leaves were damaged and the plants have been struggling to recover. Last week I had a visitor who went outside to check out my garden and came back in, fist filled with my basil's leaves.

"I'm going to put this in my pasta," she announced while I stared as if she'd just come back in with a handful of human heads.

I tell ya, some people just don't understand the spiritual bond that exists between gardener and garden.

Bernita 7/02/2008 07:52:00 AM  

I can walk almost normally now and my foot is almost the size of the other one.

spyscribbler 7/02/2008 01:18:00 PM  

Oh, man, Avery. Ouch! I cringed when I read that! Oh, big groan. I used to have a ton of basil in my house, until I had cats. I honestly forget how I harvested it, so I've been unwilling to use my basil yet. :-)

spyscribbler 7/02/2008 01:18:00 PM  

Bernita, I was just talking about that with WriteNow last weekend and meant to ask you about your foot.

This is very cool to hear.

Melanie Avila 7/02/2008 01:57:00 PM  

This week has been much better, thanks. :)

I'm sorry to hear about your tomato plants. My dad keeps mentioning his tomato plants in his blog (yes, he has a blog) so I'm beginning to understand the attachment.