Monday, July 07, 2008

Putzing Summer Days

So I suddenly clicked over to "Ooooooh, gross, dairy? Yuck!" Which is nice. I love when my brain does that. :-) Yesterday I kept thinking about how awful dairy made me feel, and by this morning I'd lost all desire to even look at the stuff.

I had a glorious day off yesterday. I did nothing! I putzed, mowed the lawn, putzed, poured boiling salt water on all the weeds climbing up through the cracks in the pavement, putzed some more, copied more of my CDs into iTunes, and--ohmigosh!--I played a computer game.

Oh! And I read another huge part of Brett Battles latest book, The Deceived. 

I forgot, I also added a few more books to the Spy Books Drop Site. Not many. It was taking me about 30 minutes to add a book, but I'm getting the rhythm of it down, and I can do it in about 10 minutes now.

So it was a lazy day. I told myself not to feel guilty, and I didn't, but I feel a little guilty today.

It was fun, though

By the end of the day, I wished I hadn't putzed around so much. I didn't mind having that feeling at the end of the day, because that means I'm excited to get back to work today.

The human mind is a strange thing. Or at least, mine is.

So what was your weekend like? How're the tomatoes doing? What do you do on a Putzing Day?

16 bonus scribbles:

Robin 7/07/2008 02:56:00 PM  

I read and nap on a putzing day. Heaven on earth.

Melanie Avila 7/07/2008 02:58:00 PM  

I wish I'd come here earlier. It would've saved a lot of confusion about the weeds. :)

I watched tennis yesterday which turned my day into a relaxing day since the match lasted almost SEVEN hours! I got nothing done after that.

spyscribbler 7/07/2008 03:15:00 PM  

Robin, during the school year, I have 6 hours off in the middle of my Sunday. I read and putz, and take a nap.

Naps are WONDERFUL. I love naps. They are heaven on earth!

spyscribbler 7/07/2008 03:16:00 PM  

LOL... I explained it better here when I saw the confusion on Rockin Writers. :-)

Wow! Fun day, though. I know you love to watch tennis. Do you play? Do you get to play down there, too?

eric-mayer 7/07/2008 04:51:00 PM  

I actually did quite a lot of work (legal writing) over the weekend, but then I get a weird satisfaction of scheduling work for weekends because then I am not working when other people are. Doesn't mean I work less but it feels that way. At least on the occasional free weekday.

Zoe Winters 7/07/2008 04:56:00 PM  

my tomatoes are doing great!

spyscribbler 7/07/2008 05:05:00 PM  

LOL, Eric! I bet you just like that feeling of playing hooky during the week. :-) I used to take every Friday off, completely. I loved my Fridays. I really don't know how people with M-F, 9-5 jobs get any errands done. Mystery, that.

spyscribbler 7/07/2008 05:05:00 PM  

So cool, Zoe! I lost the tomatoes off my best plant. The other ones aren't looking real great, yet. :-(

Stewart Sternberg 7/07/2008 05:26:00 PM  

Putzing. A religious ritual. I remember turning to my wife a while back and saying. "It's Saturday. I want to putz." She didn't know the meaning of this. So off we went to a small town and browsed shops, ate lunch, hung out at a book store, drank coffee in a cafe, and lulled away the time. Putzing. She is now a confirmed artist of putzing. A putzaholic.

Melanie Avila 7/07/2008 05:59:00 PM  

Spy, I play a little tennis, but I was never on a team or anything. My husband and I got into it before we left Chicago (lots of free courts throughout the city) but it's way too hot here. And no free courts. Now it's mostly volleyball and soccer.

He got me into watching tennis. I love sports but was always on the fence until he forced it down my throat. ;) Now I'm a bigger fan.

Rhonda Stapleton 7/07/2008 09:57:00 PM  

YAY for putzing around!!! That's fantastic--everyone needs days like that. :D

spyscribbler 7/07/2008 10:34:00 PM  

Stewart, putzing is the absolute best. That's another perfect day. I like to go down to Amish country and do that.

I already want another putzing day!

spyscribbler 7/07/2008 10:36:00 PM  

Melanie, I kinda like watching tennis. There's something about watching the ball go back and forth. And the sound: I like the sound. Is that crazy? I like the quiet crowd, the hush, the coughs, the bounce of the ball, the smack of the tennis racket against the ball, the way it always echoes on the court. And that grunt they make.

That grunt is cool. :-)

spyscribbler 7/07/2008 10:37:00 PM  

LOL, Rhonda! I almost want to spend the rest of my life putzing!

Edie 7/07/2008 11:36:00 PM  

I like putzing, too. We should have a National Putzing Day. The government people would work and everyone else would get off.

Just reading, walking, taking it easy. That sounds like a good putzing day.

Melanie Avila 7/08/2008 01:15:00 PM  

Unless your watching one of the girls who scream. That gets obnoxious. :)