Saturday, August 16, 2008

Do You Hear that Purr?

You do?

That's me.

I had a lovely evening, a lovely sleep by the dogs, a lovely morning, a lovely walk, a lovely workout in their exercise room, and now I'm having a lovely sit-out on the porch while writing.

In fact, I have no thoughts.

I'm so relaxed, I want a nap.

Even though it's 10 am.

They have bird feeders! Lots of pretty little birds flitting in front of me to peck at seed.

If this is how writing is going to go today, I may as well take that nap. I love the first day off. Especially in a new place.

Did you do vacation this year? Where'd you go? Was it a lively vacation, or a relaxing vacation? Do you ever get too relaxed?

24 bonus scribbles:

Robin 8/16/2008 10:42:00 AM  

In two short hours I'm leaving for the beach, where I fully expect to purr, if you can hear purring through 14 layers of suntan lotion. Glad you're enjoying yourself, Spy!

Melanie Avila 8/16/2008 11:33:00 AM  

Good for you!

My vacation starts in one week! Seven days in Acapulco, three days home, then 10 days in Michigan. :) I don't plan to do any writing, but who knows, maybe I'll get inspired for a new story.

Eric Mayer,  8/16/2008 12:11:00 PM  

If anyone ever finds me relaxed they'll know I'm dead!

Aimless Writer 8/16/2008 09:48:00 PM  

Yay, happy day!
I spent the day at the NJRWA listening to Leslie Weinger of Harlequin speak. She was great.
A day spent with other writers is heaven to me.
:)

Zoe Winters 8/16/2008 10:07:00 PM  

I would LOVE to take a vacation and actually go some place. It's been a few years since I have and will probably be another year or two before I go again.

But...I'm currently on a writing vacation. Tom observed the other day that I'm about to burn myself out. It's because I'm in baby business idea mode, and I'm in that exciting research and planning phase when everything is possibility and the big problems haven't started to crop up yet.

Since I finished my novella rough draft, and I'm taking a couple of days before I do my absolute final changes to KEPT before releasing it, I've decided to be officially "on vacation" through next Wednesday.

Though I still intend to post my blog (i've got 56 blog posts in the queue) and will probably still read some of my business books, but I won't be full out working.

There will be much fiction and television and loafing.

Edie 8/16/2008 10:50:00 PM  

Spy, your holiday sounds lovely. No sightseeing, no rushing around, just enjoying. I'd purr too.

We were at an art festival all day. It was a good one. I enjoyed it, but I'm glad to be home tonight. No vacation this year. Not sure if my last one counts as a vacation: a writer's conference in Green Bay is June.

Heather Harper 8/17/2008 12:22:00 AM  

I've slept on and off all day. Of course, this was after I plotted out a project. Took everything out of me.

Feels fantastic!

LaDonna 8/17/2008 01:52:00 AM  

Spy, so glad you're having fun! We vacationed in Fl again this year with our family. It was lively and relaxing. LOL. Our two grandchildren that went, kept us all active and that's a good thing. LOL. And some days at home I get really relaxed. If I need a nap, I usually get one. I listen to my body most of the time now.

Bernita 8/17/2008 06:11:00 AM  

Sounds lovely!
Don't think I've had a "real" vacation since high school.

Amy Nathan 8/17/2008 09:17:00 AM  

No vacation for me :(

I have many things I'd like to do and places I'd like to go, but it's not happening right now. I take mini-vacations in my mind though, all the time! Should I admit that? Maybe that's why I don't always get so much other stuff done!

Michele 8/17/2008 09:52:00 AM  

Wow, sounds lovely, Spy! :-)

Zoe Winters 8/17/2008 05:20:00 PM  

Well like 53 or 54 now. But yes. I never run out of stuff to say.

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:16:00 PM  

Oh, Robin! That means you're off purring now. Wonderful! Wonderful! Is this a one day event, or a week-long event? (I guess I'll find out, LOL!)

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:16:00 PM  

Melanie, this is silly, but I can't wait for your vacation! It sounds heavenly. I do hope you find a new story!

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:23:00 PM  

That sounds fabulous, Aimless! I love a good day spent with writers!

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:24:00 PM  

Me, too, Zoe! DH and I haven't been anywhere together in forever. We had a lovely camping trip a few years back. I'd love to go away with him for a week again!

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:26:00 PM  

Edie, I love doing things like that. I would much rather have Saturdays away all year long than take a week-long vacation in one place.

Although I'm not purring as much. The dogs take up at least 5-7 hours. I don't mind at all, but it doesn't quite feel like a vacation any longer. It's WONDERFUL, though. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:27:00 PM  

Heather, sleeping during the day is wonderful! Congratulations on the plotting! I read your post, and I meant to comment, but I'm not sure I did. I think I went and visited that class you mentioned and forgot. :-)

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:28:00 PM  

Ladonna, that's smart. Me, too. It usually wins, and the price for not listening is way too high!

I'm glad you had a fabulous time in Florida. I envy you your family!

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:29:00 PM  

Bernita, you're kidding! That's sad! I'm not sure I can call this a real vacation, since doing both studio work and writing work, plus the dogs and the chores here and everything, but... it still feels like one, LOL!

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:30:00 PM  

Amy, mini-vacations in the mind is AWESOME! What a great thing to do! I have to try it.

spyscribbler 8/17/2008 09:30:00 PM  

It is, Michele!

Zoe, wow! Wow, wow, wow! I wish I were that far ahead! I think I have about three ideas in the queue, but that's it. No full posts!