Tuesday, August 19, 2008

More Happy Music

Wow, I am a much happier person when working out. I was looking over my blog entries from the last few years, looking for trends, and I discovered that I am TONS happier when working out regularly.

This week, I feel like I'm high on workout endorphins. It's been awhile. I almost feel drugged!

Anyway, the UN Dispatch remembers Sergio Vieiro de Mello:

Chasing the Flame blog (which shares the title of Power's book) is written by Sergio's friends, admirers, and assorted foreign policy experts. Annick Stevenson, Sergio's former spokesperson, opens the blog:

Imagine a world in which everybody would speak to
his/her neighbor, would listen to his/her views and
would try to understand them, would, more generally,
always wish to know the will of others before deciding,
would negotiate before envisaging any military reaction,
would never ever view war as the solution to any
conflict whatever the reasons may be...A world in
which war would become impossible because it
would too difficult to think of killing someone you
share so much with. This world existed. It was in
the mind of Sergio Vieira de Mello. This is how he
conceived it and lived it, as much as he could, or
at least as a matter of principle.

And here's some more happy music. Fleet Foxes is newest discovery. They have such a happy sound I can't stop listening to them. And they don't activate the music-thinking-analyzing part of my brain, which is cool.

Got any more happy music suggestions for to share?

8 bonus scribbles:

Zoe Winters 8/19/2008 04:04:00 PM  

ack, that's what's missing. I need to be working out. And laying out in the sun while we still got it.

Robin 8/19/2008 07:08:00 PM  

How about "Girlfriend In a Coma" by the Smiths. It makes me laugh every time.

LaDonna 8/19/2008 09:29:00 PM  

Hey Spy, loved the music! Sheesh, I have such a range on my Ipod, there's not one certain group. I did, however, dance around the house like s maniac today listening to an oldie. We're talking up and down the stairs too. Think I got a workout.

And I love the excercise talk, started my stepper a couple days ago. My vacation snacking finally caught up with me.

spyscribbler 8/20/2008 10:13:00 AM  

Phew, Zoe, I'm worn out from working out. I'm taking a nap and it's only 10 in the morning!

spyscribbler 8/20/2008 10:15:00 AM  

Oh, Robin, the Smiths! I love the Smiths! I forgot I love the Smiths! Oh, god, their accents. Glorious. Total turn-on.

Oh, right, the funny bit. :-)

spyscribbler 8/20/2008 10:16:00 AM  

Ladonna, I love the oldies. I think that's why I enjoy this group! They have roots there, I think.

I'm loving working out. But I'm tired!

Melanie Avila 8/20/2008 11:19:00 AM  

My satellite service has a bunch of music channels. Between the salsa channel and the 80s channel I'd never stop moving!

spyscribbler 8/20/2008 01:08:00 PM  

Melanie, that's awesome! I wish I knew how to dance. I really envy you that!