Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hemingway Fun & Book Winner

image This is totally inspired by an episode of One Tree Hill. (Yes, I'm watching the first season on Hulu. I am so addicted. I tried watching one from this latest season, and I was not half as impressed.)

In one of the episodes, they are studying Hemingway. The teacher asks them to describe someone in one word. So I came up with a list of questions, just for fun.

In the spirit of Hemingway's economy, one word answers only! :-) You can answer here, or on your blog. You can skip questions if you'd rather. Hey, could this qualify as a meme? Is there a permit I need to get from some International Meme Association? LOL!

Describe your best friend:
Describe your spouse:
Describe your pet:
Describe yourself:
Describe your favorite blog:
What do you most want?
What is your biggest dream?
What is your primary life goal?
Career goal?
What's your greatest obstacle?
Your greatest strength?
What is your favorite feeling?

Any other questions you can think of? Let me know, and I'll update the list. :-)

To choose the winner for Remains of the Dead, I had the brilliant idea of using Random.org to choose a comment number. Well, after I won the book six times, #32, blueviolet won! Congratulations, Elizabeth!

So what are your one-word answers to the Heminway questions? I'll kick it off in the comments!

29 bonus scribbles:

spyscribbler 9/24/2008 12:58:00 PM  

Describe your best friend: Strong
Describe your spouse: Encouraging
Describe your pet: Dainty
Describe yourself: ???
Describe your favorite blog: Fascinating
What do you most want? Love
What is your biggest dream? Travel
What is your primary life goal? Love
Career goal? Write
What's your greatest obstacle? Fear
Your greatest strength? Passion
What is your favorite feeling? Vulnerability

Melanie Avila 9/24/2008 01:23:00 PM  

Describe your best friend: Strong
Fun!

Describe your best friend: Loyal
Describe your spouse: Determined
Describe your pet: Non-existent
Describe yourself:Caring
Describe your favorite blog: Comforting
What do you most want? Security
What is your biggest dream? Visa
What is your primary life goal? Contentedness (is that a word?)
Career goal? Success
What's your greatest obstacle? Doubt
Your greatest strength? Passion
What is your favorite feeling? Contentedness (I've decided it's a word)

Melanie Avila 9/24/2008 01:24:00 PM  

Woops, the Fun! was a comment on the blog, although that also describes my best friend. :)

Mark Terry 9/24/2008 01:24:00 PM  

Describe your best friend:wife
Describe your spouse: Home
Describe your pet:dork
Describe yourself:calm
Describe your favorite blog:Whatever
What do you most want? Contentment
What is your biggest dream? Bestsellerdom
What is your primary life goal? Continue
Career goal? Continue-er
What's your greatest obstacle? Myself
Your greatest strength? Persistence
What is your favorite feeling? Contentment

conley730 9/24/2008 03:17:00 PM  

Describe your best friend: encouraging
Describe your spouse: EX
Describe your pet: loveable
Describe yourself: lonely
Describe your favorite blog: funny
What do you most want? happiness
What is your biggest dream? fulfillment
What is your primary life goal? Just one word??? That's tough...how about "rememberance"
Career goal? employment!
What's your greatest obstacle? doubt
Your greatest strength? independence
What is your favorite feeling? love

Aimless Writer 9/24/2008 04:19:00 PM  

Describe your best friend: Deceased
Describe your spouse: Redneck
Describe your pet: Bossy
Describe yourself: Lost
Describe your favorite blog: Spyscribbler!
What do you most want? Happiness
What is your biggest dream? Success
What is your primary life goal? Peace
Career goal? Published
What's your greatest obstacle? Fear
Your greatest strength? Determination
What is your favorite feeling? Love

Robin 9/24/2008 06:32:00 PM  

Describe your best friend:clever
Describe your spouse:a character
Describe your pet:stupid
Describe yourself:mischievous
Describe your favorite blog:interesting
What do you most want?to be helpful
What is your biggest dream?fame
What is your primary life goal?kids out of house
Career goal?done
What's your greatest obstacle?high shelves
Your greatest strength?resilience
What is your favorite feeling?stomach full of cheesecake

Edie 9/24/2008 07:35:00 PM  

Describe your best friend: Brave
Describe your spouse: loyal
Describe your pet: loving
Describe yourself: positive
Describe your favorite blog: evocative
What do you most want? joy
What is your biggest dream? success
What is your primary life goal? knowledge
Career goal? bestsellerdom
What's your greatest obstacle? time
Your greatest strength? persistence
What is your favorite feeling? love

Amy Nathan 9/24/2008 10:28:00 PM  

Describe your best friend: Loyal
Describe your spouse: Non existent
Describe your pets: Annoying
Describe yourself: Nurturing
Describe your favorite blog: Inspirational
What do you most want? Security
What is your biggest dream? Financial success
What is your primary life goal? To raise my children into good adults
Career goal? To publish widely
What's your greatest obstacle? Chocolate
Your greatest strength? Open-mindedness
What is your favorite feeling? Hysterical laughter

mom2brie,  9/25/2008 12:22:00 AM  

How funny - I used to watch One Tree Hill :) WB used to rock!

Describe your best friend: caring
Describe your spouse: dedicated
Describe your pet: silly
Describe yourself: happy
Describe your favorite blog: yours
What do you most want? contentment
What is your biggest dream? Brie
What is your primary life goal? philanthropist
Career goal? none
What's your greatest obstacle? time
Your greatest strength? heart
What is your favorite feeling? peace

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:04:00 AM  

Melanie, LOL! Aren't you getting a new little one soon? I thought when you got back from the US?

I've got my fingers crossed for that Visa, Melanie!

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:05:00 AM  

Mark, I've seen pictures of your dog, and dork describes him well. A very cute, adorable dork, LOL! I've got one of those. :-)

That's two contentments in a row! I really like that word: "continue-er."

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:08:00 AM  

LOL, Erin. "EX"? I think that's encouraging. It's better than asshole, no? ;-)

I'm feeling lonely myself. I'm so stressed I've got a fever. It's weird. I'm tired. And definitely lonely.

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:09:00 AM  

Aimless, your first one, hugs. I don't see how I could survive that one. And you are so sweet, LOL! :-)

"Bossy:" I love it! I used to have a bird. :-) Such personalities!

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:11:00 AM  

Robin, ohmigawd, done sounds so good to me tonight. I'm not sure how you meant it, but, wow. Great word.

I definitely see you as mischevious!

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:12:00 AM  

I love how positive you are, Edie. You are truly "magical."

I could use to have some more time, too. Boy, could I.

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:14:00 AM  

Amy, love the security. I've been a savings fiend, lately. I'm addicted to inspirational blogs, too.

And chocolate!

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:17:00 AM  

LOL, mom2brie. I'd be more flattered that mine is your favorite blog, but I know I'm the only blog you read, LOL! ;-)

I can't tell you how much I loved your answer to career goal. THAT is a happy life. That's the life I want.

I mean, really. I'm dead serious. I am SO tired.

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 01:20:00 AM  

PS: Mom2Brie... I watched one of the new episodes, and some psycho ex-nanny or something ran over and kidnapped the father of the two brothers, then put him in a hospital bed in her home and is slowly torturing him to death.

I'm sorry. It just doesn't seem to match what I've seen in the first season, LOL...

StarvingWriteNow 9/25/2008 09:25:00 AM  

Best Friend: Cool
Spouse: None
Pet: Persistent
Self: Transitioning
Favorite Blog: Enlightening
Most Want: Friends
Biggest Dream: Love
Life Goal: Survival
Career Goal: Retirement (:D)
Greatest Obstacle: doubt
Greatest STrength: Empathy
Fave feeling? Contentment

Travis Erwin 9/25/2008 09:26:00 AM  

Describe your best friend: Generous
Describe your spouse: fun
Describe your pet: worthless
Describe yourself: happy
Describe your favorite blog: funny
What do you most want? contract
What is your biggest dream? best-seller
What is your primary life goal? live
Career goal? write
What's your greatest obstacle? impatience
Your greatest strength? tenacity
What is your favorite feeling? excitement

Brenda ND 9/25/2008 11:53:00 AM  

This is a great idea!
Describe your best friend: warm
Describe your spouse: tolerant
Describe your pet: fuzzy
Describe yourself: together-mostly
Describe your favorite blog: funny
What do you most want? connection
What is your biggest dream? connection
What is your primary life goal? Hmm.
Career goal? Usefulness (like Thomas the train)
What's your greatest obstacle? fear
Your greatest strength? Caring
What is your favorite feeling? connection

Melanie Avila 9/25/2008 03:35:00 PM  

Spy, we've decided to wait until we can get a dog I'm not allergic to (something that doesn't shed/needs to be cut). I grew up with Miniature Schnauzers so we may get one in the future. I'm SAD but the Chihuahuas have too much sneezy hair. :(

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:15:00 PM  

Writenow, retirement! Yes! And you should see my fourth cat. Persistant is exactly it! :-)

And a third vote for contentment. :-)

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:17:00 PM  

Travis, impatience is one of my biggest obstacles, too!

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:18:00 PM  

Brenda, LOL ... connection seems to be a theme! I think it's part of the human condition, too. I mean, we're all here blogging!

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:19:00 PM  

Oh, Melanie, but you were so excited! You're cool with that? You seemed to be looking forward to it so much!

Melanie Avila 9/26/2008 11:48:00 AM  

I was and I'm disappointed, but I can't live with something that makes my eyes swell and water, my nose run, and my lungs (?) sneeze.

spyscribbler 9/27/2008 09:53:00 AM  

Awwww! I bet. Melanie, I haven't even admitted this to myself, but you know my dear, pretty, wonderful writing room I built in the basement?

Well. There were water problems. I'm thinking there's lingering mold or something, because I've been running out of breath a lot, which is how I was when there was a mold in my one wall and I started getting asthma attacks.

*sigh*

I've been working with the window open, but when it gets cold out, I have a feeling the writing room and I will not be spending much more time together.

Sad.

I'm going to enjoy it until I get the first asthma attack, though.