Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Am Losing My Mind.

I haven't slept in like three days. Literally. I lie awake at night, I'm so stressed out. This is largely unhelpful since I have so much to do. And then I made the stupidest mistake that I just found today after about eight hours of writing the mistake because I am a complete idiot.

A complete idiot.

DH is going offline today. Coming home, but I won't be able to contact him until he gets within cell phone reach of Canada, which could be next Friday or much later.

*sigh*

I wasted eight hours this week, and did I mention that I was already hours and hours behind? All I do is work and nothing ever gets done.

This is no minor mistake. This is complete idiocy. I have no words.

Pardon me for a moment.

*&$*%$(*&^

I am so frustrated.

No. I am grateful. I am really grateful. Things are looking up. Financially, and I've got four loving cats, and DH is coming home in 14 days. So much to be grateful for. Totally.

Still, some weeks just suck.

15 bonus scribbles:

Heather Harper 9/25/2008 01:09:00 PM  

*&$*%$(*&^ is so much better with comfort food. ;-)

Hope you have a better weekend.

Robin 9/25/2008 01:48:00 PM  

This should be your mantra, "DH is coming home. DH is coming home." It will get you through.

My mantra is, "Kevin and Alex will move out of the house one day. Kevin and Alex will move out of the house one day." Much more cumbersome.

Eric Mayer,  9/25/2008 02:12:00 PM  

Hope things start brightening up, but, as you say, at least you have cats. Things are never totally bleak when you have cats around. Or so the United Cats Union claims.

Melanie Avila 9/25/2008 03:37:00 PM  

Oh Spy, I hope things pick up for you soon. Have you tried yoga/stretching before bed? That often relaxes me and helps calm the "crazies" in my head.

Michele 9/25/2008 03:49:00 PM  

Hugs, Spy. Your DH is coming home! That's fantastic. :-)

Our family is having one of those sucky years...so I totally sympathize with you. We can't wait to kick 2008 to the curb and get everyone HEALTHY and hospital free in 2009!

But try to get some sleep and stop stressing! I know, easy for me to say... I'm soooo stressed right now--my jaw hurts. :-)

Edie 9/25/2008 04:27:00 PM  

Spy, if we all beat ourselves up over our mistakes, you'd see a lot of people shuffling down streets with bruises and black eyes.

So happy DH is coming home soon. I take 3 mg. of Melatonin at night. It usually helps. And it's healthy for you in other ways.

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:19:00 PM  

Definitely, Heather. I've been laughing at Palin for an hour.

I feel better.

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:20:00 PM  

Oh, gawd, Robin, totally! I'm totally mantra-ing that one. *sigh*

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:20:00 PM  

Thanks, Eric! LOLOL, you're right! I mean, who wouldn't love litter to clean and pets to pat?

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:21:00 PM  

Melanie, I wrote my schedule for tomorrow this afternoon. Yoga, Bally's, write. Nothing else. I'm too overwhelmed!

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:22:00 PM  

Awww, Michele. I hope things improve! Health is a big one. We have our health, mostly. Another thing to be grateful for.

I'll be happy to kick this year to the curb, too. I'll think of you when I yell Happy New Year this year!

spyscribbler 9/25/2008 07:23:00 PM  

This is true, Edie. My MO is usually that I beat myself up until I start making fun of myself, at which point I start to find it funny. We're not to the funny part, but we're getting there.

I am so all over the melatonin tonight, Edie! Thanks for the reminder!

Edie 9/26/2008 11:41:00 AM  

I hope the melatonin worked! I used 6 mg. one night recently when I really needed sleep. I go through stages where I sleep soundly for about 7 hours (like this week) and through other weeks (mostly) where I sleep 5 - 6 hours.

spyscribbler 9/26/2008 12:57:00 PM  

Gawd, Edie! See, this is my problem. I swear to God my brain is not functioning. I was up until 4am last night. I'm EXHAUSTED, but my mind just won't stop worrying about what it's forgetting.

It forgot the melatonin. It's sitting on the window sill right about my sink.

Now I'm really starting to think I have a serious problem. You'd think not being able to fall asleep would remind me to take something to sleep.

Lauren 9/29/2008 09:04:00 AM  

That sucks that your DH will be (is, by now) offline :(. At least you'll see him really soon!

I hope that everything smooths out for you :-/