Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Never Thought I'd Agree With Conservatives...

So you've heard about Palin going rogue? What cracks me up most is this bit:

A second McCain source says she appears to be looking out for herself more than the McCain campaign.

"She is a diva. She takes no advice from anyone," said this McCain adviser. "She does not have any relationships of trust with any of us, her family or anyone else.

"Also, she is playing for her own future and sees herself as the next leader of the party. Remember: Divas trust only unto themselves, as they see themselves as the beginning and end of all wisdom."

A Palin associate defended her, saying that she is "not good at process questions" and that her comments on Michigan and the robocalls were answers to process questions.

NOT GOOD AT PROCESS QUESTIONS?? So, you mean, she's not good processing information, and then giving an answer that demonstrates her understanding of all sides to an issue?

AND THEY SAY THIS WOMAN IS READY TO BE PRESIDENT???

And here's an interesting bit:

But two sources, one Palin associate and one McCain adviser, defended the decision to keep her press interaction limited after she was picked, both saying flatly that she was not ready and that the missteps could have been a lot worse.

They insisted that she needed time to be briefed on national and international issues and on McCain's record.

"Her lack of fundamental understanding of some key issues was dramatic," said another McCain source with direct knowledge of the process to prepare Palin after she was picked. The source said it was probably the "hardest" to get her "up to speed than any candidate in history."

I never thought I'd agree with conservatives:

26 bonus scribbles:

WendyCinNYC 10/26/2008 11:16:00 AM  

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Sarah Palin. Kinda.

But not enough to VOTE for her, of course!

Rick 10/26/2008 11:29:00 AM  

Remember your meditation lessons. Take a deep breath and play harmonious music. Chant the words, "All Democrats are really Republicans and all Republicans are really Democrats and we are all one and we Can get along." Otherwise you're going to have to be sent to your room again and the election will be awarded to the Libertarians.

Stephen Parrish 10/26/2008 12:19:00 PM  

The next leader of the party?

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Let's hope so! If she runs for president maybe she'll choose Dan Quayle as her running mate. Saturday Night Live ratings will go through the roof.

Edie 10/26/2008 02:43:00 PM  

Sarah Palin has become a joke. I'm glad most people are seeing her for what she is. Now we're finding out she curbed the bids for the pipeline so it would go to the company she wanted. And she's only been governor for two years?

Eric Mayer,  10/26/2008 04:12:00 PM  

Questions? What are you, some sort of elitist intellectual? A patriot knows there are no questions, only answers.

As for Palin going rogue...at least she isn't going commando.

Kath Calarco 10/26/2008 05:03:00 PM  

Here's how I see. Sarah Palin knows a sinking ship when she sees one. She sold her soul to the devil and is now backpedaling to avoid any burn. That said, she's ignoring advisers (manipulators) because she knows when the Republicans lose, the blame will go on her.

I don't feel sorry for her - she picked her bed, etc.

And that $150,000 wardrobe the party paid for? They should have spent the money on an immersion course in Poli-Sci for her.

Robin 10/26/2008 07:06:00 PM  

That crappy wardrobe cost 150,000 bucks? You've got to be kidding me. I think they should feed her new clothes to a wolf cub whose mother she shot.

Erica Orloff 10/27/2008 08:22:00 AM  

I don't feel the list bit sorry for her. Since when is being the smartest guy in the room a BAD thing for running for president? I want someone part of the intellectual "elite" running this country--because the problems are so vast and complex, I do not need someone in the office who needs crib sheets to meet with foreign leaders.

E

marciacolette 10/27/2008 08:58:00 AM  

Sarah Palin a diva? LOLOLOLOLOL!! That doesn't surprise me. She's like one of those lottery winners who come from humble beginnings to win the big one, but end up choked by debt because they don't have a clue about how to spend their money wisely.

The Republicans created this Godzilla and now they're complaining about her laying her own destructive path? They got what they asked for, IMHO. They need to put up or shut up.

Karen Olson 10/27/2008 11:15:00 AM  

I'd read a piece in the Anchorage Daily News back when they first announced Palin as McCain's VP pick. The op ed piece basically wondered how Palin would do if her campaign was being controlled by someone other than herself. So now we know.

conley730 10/27/2008 02:55:00 PM  

Wow...what else can be said? Love Stephen's comment & I agree with Kath that she needed a Poli Sci class badly! Love Erica's comment about the crib sheets too LOL.

spyscribbler 10/27/2008 02:58:00 PM  

Wendy, I fear I don't fear sorry for her one bit. I've had my moments, but I won't feel sorry for her until she's out of national politics and back in Alaska for good.

spyscribbler 10/27/2008 02:58:00 PM  

LOL, Rick! That kinda sounds like what Obama said in his "closing argument" speech today!

spyscribbler 10/27/2008 02:59:00 PM  

Stephen, now that will be funny! This election has been good for political comedy, for sure.

Which is kind of sad, too.

spyscribbler 10/27/2008 03:44:00 PM  

I hadn't heard that, Edie, but it doesn't surprise me. It's not just an embarrassment to the Republican party, it's an embarrassment to the U.S.

spyscribbler 10/27/2008 03:45:00 PM  

Eric, I totally spurted tea when I read that! That's hilarious. And the truth!

spyscribbler 10/27/2008 03:46:00 PM  

Kath, seriously. And that brings up a great point: I'm not sure I want someone who had to be immersed and taught. I want more understanding than a class can give.

Melanie Avila 10/27/2008 03:59:00 PM  

I saw a headline that Palin Went Rogue or something but assumed it had to do with her makeup. Is that bad? After the flap about her lipstick I thought it was one more thing to distract the public until the election.

But this is much more interesting. Thanks for posting the video.

spyscribbler 10/27/2008 07:21:00 PM  

Oh, Robin, you crack me up! Seriously, though, $150,000, and all I've seen in her in is that silly red leather jacket that looks like it belongs in the nineties.

spyscribbler 10/27/2008 07:24:00 PM  

Since when is being the smartest guy in the room a BAD thing for running for president?

AMEN, Erica! Isn't that the truth? I wonder how different things would be if Al Gore had been elected.

We need someone who has a very deep understanding of the issues at play, not someone who needs to study it, not someone who still needs to learn it.

spyscribbler 10/28/2008 09:57:00 AM  

Oh so true, Marcia. Man, so true. I guess, given my leanings, I'm pleased they picked Palin, because I think it's a large part of why Obama is doing so well.

On the other hand, I am just so APPALLED.

spyscribbler 10/28/2008 10:00:00 AM  

Karen, that sounds interesting. We certainly do know, now. It's frightening. Like I mentioned, I'm alternately delighted McCain chose Palin (because of my leanings), and appalled that she is a serious contender for such a large number of the population. It makes me nauseous.

spyscribbler 10/28/2008 10:00:00 AM  

Erin, I just read Erica's "crib sheet" comment to my best friend, LOL!

spyscribbler 10/28/2008 10:01:00 AM  

Melanie, you made me crack up! That's hilarious! I was just thinking today that I need to get my sense of humor back about the election. It's a little hard, though.

I can't wait until Nov. 4!