Thursday, October 02, 2008

McCain Aspires To Be Dictator

So I've shown you way too many videos. I'll probably show you too many more. The 17 seconds below, however, tells it all. This is McCain on September 30, 2008, at the Des Moines County Register. If you think he's joking, click here for the full interview. There's no laugh, no punch line after he delivers this line.

At least Bush pretended to be joking.

I'm preaching to the choir, huh? I know. :-) But this terrifies me.

Bush said it three times (quoted from InfoWars):

Bush infamously said, “If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I’m the dictator,” during a December 2000 speech.

He also remarked, “A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there’s no question about it,” in a July 2001 Business Week interview.

When Bush was Governor of Texas in 1998 he stated, “You don’t get everything you want. A dictatorship would be a lot easier.”

18 bonus scribbles:

Aimless Writer 10/02/2008 09:21:00 AM  

Scary statement from someone who wants to be our president. And we've all seen where Bush has led us.
Did we see a peek of this man's evil ego here?

spyscribbler 10/02/2008 09:40:00 AM  

Aimless, I watched several YouTube videos of McCain speaking, and I can't believe he's gotten this far. This man is scary, truly scary.

Melanie Avila 10/02/2008 10:02:00 AM  

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.


*head desk*

Edie 10/02/2008 10:42:00 AM  

Shudder. I hope the American public is smarter this time.

I live in a blue state, but my county is conservative and Republican. Last election it seemed like almost all my neighbors had Bush signs, and only one neighbor and I had Kerry signs (which were stolen). This year I've seen one McCain sign and three Obama signs. Yes!!!

Rick 10/02/2008 11:03:00 AM  

Spy thrillers seem so tame compared to politics.

Kath Calarco 10/02/2008 12:21:00 PM  

I'm thankful to learn the Obama is the poll leader in three crucial states: Ohio, Pennsylvania and Florida.

J. Mac faltered in the debate, showing his dictatorial colors with his self-righteous attitude. Tonight's debate between Joe Biden and Bimbo will be the final nail in the red coffin.

LaDonna 10/02/2008 05:33:00 PM  

Spy, I hear ya, scary stuff. I'm looking forward to watching the GW movie coming out too. From what I've seen of the promos, embarassing doesn't begin to cover it. He'll be crawling out of office.

Robin 10/02/2008 06:39:00 PM  

I totally agree. This guy is frightening. The only person more frightening is his mentally challenged running mate. Can't wait for the debates tonight! We're making popcorn! Now that's entertainment.

If these dim wits get elected, I'll eat my amusement, and go live with Melanie and Ibis in Mexico.

Virginia Lady 10/02/2008 07:19:00 PM  

There's more than one reason McCain didn't win the party nomination last go around. I live in a red state, but my area is turning blue. People actually can put out democrat signs and not get egged and tee-peed like when I was a kid.

I can't wait to see the debate tonight. I'd even miss some of the baseball games for this one, and I love baseball, particularly post-season baseball.

Caryn 10/02/2008 08:20:00 PM  

No kidding. I'm just glad that Obama's in the lead now. It seems obvious to me who the right choice is, but then I thought it was obvious last time around, too, and look what happened...

spyscribbler 10/02/2008 10:42:00 PM  

Melanie, you should hear his sense of humor. Makes me want to throw up!

spyscribbler 10/02/2008 10:43:00 PM  

Edie, I'm housesitting, and they have an Obama sign right out front. I feel so proud. :-)

It looks like Obama jumping ahead in Ohio. I will be upset if we don't give Obama our electoral votes.

spyscribbler 10/02/2008 10:44:00 PM  

Kath, to be honest, she did better than I hoped she would. I hope Obama maintains the lead in Ohio and Florida.

And thanks! I hadn't noticed that! Yay for Ohio!

spyscribbler 10/02/2008 10:44:00 PM  

LaDonna, I completely forgot about that movie! I can't wait to see it!

spyscribbler 10/02/2008 10:46:00 PM  

Seriously, Robin! I keep saying I'll move out of the country. I don't know.

When Joe Biden said he wanted to make America a nation respected by other nations again, I clapped and hooted.

spyscribbler 10/02/2008 10:47:00 PM  

LOL, Virginia! It wasn't entertaining in the way I'd hoped. I enjoyed listening to Biden and hearing his passion. I rarely followed Palin, but she wasn't as funny as usual. :-)

spyscribbler 10/02/2008 10:48:00 PM  

Caryn, I agree. I hope and pray every day.