Monday, October 20, 2008

Some fun questions:

Writtenwyrdd had this meme up, so I thought I'd play. Do you want to play, too? Either on your blog or in the comments, if you like. You don't have to answer all of them, just whatever you feel like. :-)

1.  What do you do before bedtime?
Watch an episode of TV on the internet or read my Kindle.

2.  What is  your favorite sound?
DH's laugh.

3.  What were your childhood fears?
Monsters under the bed. I slept with a fuzzy robe curled around me, a sleeping bag, a sheet, two blankets, and a comforter. The only thing that peeked out into the open air was my nose; my head was usually under the pillow.

Even in the summer.

4.  What place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back?
Germany.

5.  What has made you unhappy these days?
Hormones.

6.  What websites do you visit daily?
See the blogroll on the right? Did I mention I have over 100 feeds in my feed reader? I don't miss a one. Ever.

7.  What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Well, Writtenwyrdd didn't tag me, but I'd have to answer: cool.

8.  What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
My head has been strangely silent. I'm in a must-need-quiet phase again. Except for a brief episode of "I can see clearly now..." yesterday.

9.   What is your favorite item of clothing? 
My pajamas.

10. What is your dream for the future?
To be a turtle.

Seriously, to live in an RV full-time, dragging my house behind me as I amble around the country, working while on the road. :-)

Your turn!

21 bonus scribbles:

Melanie Avila 10/20/2008 12:02:00 PM  

I had similar fears as a kid and often fell asleep bundled up in much the same way.

I've had the song "Do Your Ears Hang Low" stuck in my head for a couple days, but that was my own fault. :)

Mark Terry 10/20/2008 12:14:00 PM  

1. Brush my teeth
2. The sounds of the family around me
3. monster in the closet
4. Many. Austin, TX; Disney World--going in April for a school trip; Maine; Washington, DC; etc.

I'll stop while I'm ahead.

Amy Nathan 10/20/2008 12:28:00 PM  

1. Watch Family Guy.
2. My kids laughing.
3. That a burglar would come in my bedroom window. On the second floor.
4. Colorado
5. Mean people
6. Any or all of my updated 59 blogs on my bloglines.
7. Spy? I think she's pensive, creative and cool.
8. None. I don't get songs stuck in my head. Not enough space.
9. Huge Seven Dwarves T shirt.
10. To be a published author.

spyscribbler 10/20/2008 01:36:00 PM  

Really? That is the coolest, Melanie! I've never known anyone else like that. :-)

LOL, I loved that blog!

spyscribbler 10/20/2008 01:37:00 PM  

Mark, I've always wanted to go to Austin. I LOVE DC. Ohmigawd, we can't go enough! I would move to that city in a heartbeat!

spyscribbler 10/20/2008 01:39:00 PM  

Amy, I just tried the Family Guy! It was hilarious! LOL, you're sweet about #7. :-) #8: Me, too! #9: Glenn has a Dwarves sweatshirt I LOVE! :-)

Edie 10/20/2008 02:50:00 PM  

1. Internet or read. Sometimes David Letterman.
2. Purring.
3. Can't remember. I wasn't a fearful child. It took motherhood to make me fearful.
4. Grand Canyon.
5. Politics. The economy.
6. Too many to say here.
7. Sensitive. A beautiful soul.
8. Well, now it's "I can see clearly now..." Thanks for that.
9. My black sports bra.
10. To write, travel, laugh, dance. To see "NYTimes bestselling writer" in front of my name.

Travis Erwin 10/20/2008 02:51:00 PM  

I think I'll do this one on my blog later in the week.

Robin 10/20/2008 08:15:00 PM  

1. listen to my ipod
2. My kids or Adam laughing! Ha!
3. Vampires scratching at an uncovered window at night beckoning me to let them in. Shudder.
4. Italy. Anywhere in Italy
5. a bad cold
6. Wow. Tough to list. Yours. Zoe Winters'. Melanie Avila's. Polly Kahl's. Both of Erica Orloff's. The list goes on...
7.That would be you - groovy, writing, spying, piano playing blog chick.
8.That dratted "Do Your Ears Hang Low" song because of Melanie!
9.a real Pucci dress I bought in Italy years ago. So many years ago I'm not positive it still fits.
10.That my kids have nice lives.

Erica Orloff 10/21/2008 08:53:00 AM  

1. What do you do before bedtime?
Watch Letterman, read, knit, or . . . (sigh) lots of laundry.

2. What is your favorite sound?
Demon Baby's giggle.

3. What were your childhood fears?
Murderers breaking into the house. I was a pretty fearful kid.

4. What place have you visited that you can't forget and want to go back?
For me, there's no place like home. Though I like to go to the beach . . .

5. What has made you unhappy these days?
Unfortunately, too many things to count.

6. What websites do you visit daily?
All my pals. I usually go to Mark Terry's and Spy's first each day.

7. What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Thoughtful. Kind. Musical.

8. What's the last song that got stuck in your head?
Wow, Wow Wubzy (Demon Baby's favorite show. The song has got to be heard to be believed!!!!)

9. What is your favorite item of clothing?
My NY sweatshirt and a pair of yoga pants now that it's chilly.

10. What is your dream for the future?

That all four of my children are happy and healthy. Preferably all happy at the same time. :-) Because it never seems to work that way.

writtenwyrdd 10/21/2008 11:10:00 AM  

*beams* I like being considered cool! Thank you! Because, honestly, I'm realy boring. And I wanted to do your rv dream myself. I nearly dropped out and travelled in an rv in the late 90s. Instead I took a job in Maine and bought a house. Reason being I can't work on cars and I discovered I truly loathe driving a 30+ foot rv!

Rick 10/21/2008 12:36:00 PM  

Wait, no fair! I'd actually have to think to answer these questions. How's a guy supposed to think and write at the same time??

spyscribbler 10/21/2008 12:52:00 PM  

Edie, I'm in the Letterman camp, too. I don't watch him much, though. Purring is a totally awesome sound. I think it's some magic. I've heard it's healing. And it sure makes me pet and pet and pet. They can get me to do anything if they just purr!

spyscribbler 10/21/2008 12:54:00 PM  

And, Edie, aww, I'm embarrassed on #7. :-) I think I would call you magical.

spyscribbler 10/21/2008 12:56:00 PM  

LOL, Robin! I'm suddenly alternating lines of "Do Your Ears Hang Low?" and "I Can See Clearly Now the..." Except I can't remember the next words, so I keep hearing, "I Can See Clearly Now the... the... the... I can see clearly now the... the... I can See clearly now the..."

It's like a broken record!

A real Pucci dress? So awesome!

spyscribbler 10/21/2008 01:06:00 PM  

Ohmigosh, Erica! "Wow, wow, Wubzy?" That cracks me up, and sounds a bit like a song that would make me commit suicide should it get stuck in my head!

Yoga pants are one of the gifts from the universe to humankind. Yoga pants rock. I have this one Christmas sweatshirt that is so comfy, I wear it year round, even though it's slightly embarrassing, LOL.

I pray your four children and you are all happy and healthy at the same time!

spyscribbler 10/21/2008 01:08:00 PM  

Really, writtenwyrdd?! Do you regret it? That's a fascinating tidbit I didn't know about you. I'm glad I have a husband to drive it, but I suppose I'm going to have to learn.

spyscribbler 10/21/2008 01:09:00 PM  

LOL, Rick! How is a person supposed to think and write at the same time? That's an answer that would help me, today!

LaDonna 10/21/2008 06:08:00 PM  

Hey Spy, here goes!

1. read or watch t.v.
2. grandkid's laughter.
3. monsters under bed and in closet.
4. Clearwater, Fl
5. global greed
6. I have a small, but fine group! Maybe a dozen I visit throughout week.
7. Lovely and Real!
8. Hmmm, haven't been listening to my Ipod for a couple of days. So, it's nadda.
9. PJ's
10. Beach House where I can write my books into the sunset.(Spy, yours is my second choice)

spyscribbler 10/21/2008 07:25:00 PM  

Yes! Another monster girl! :-) And another vote for PJs!

Global greed terrifies me, LaDonna.

Funny, beach house is my second choice!