Thursday, October 30, 2008

What Are You Doing Next Tuesday?

It's true: I do get a little tired of people telling me to vote. Sometimes, I feel insulted, LOL, because I'm like: Of course I'm going to vote! Why wouldn't I? Whaddaya think I am?

But the point of my question is not whether or not you're going to vote. (I'm kinda assuming you are.)

My question is what are you doing next Tuesday?

My best friend mentioned she always goes out to breakfast with her husband after voting. I confess I don't have a cool ritual like that. We vote, and then we do our thing. During presidential elections, I stay up and watch CNN as the numbers pour in, while my husband snores.

Do you have any rituals? Do you eat popcorn while the numbers come in? Wait until the next morning to check the outcomes? Have a party with friends? Go to a movie?

What are you planning on doing next Tuesday? After you vote, that is. ;-)

You've probably seen this, assuming you go to Melanie's blog. (If you don't, you're missing something special!)

14 bonus scribbles:

Edie 10/30/2008 10:03:00 PM  

I'm voting next Tuesday! I thought of doing it ahead of time, but I like going into the voting booth on voting day. It's cermonial. It gives me a good feeling.

spyscribbler 10/30/2008 10:21:00 PM  

Edie, I know exactly what you mean! I know there's the big push to vote early this year, but I want to go on Election Day. It makes it more special, somehow.

Heather Harper 10/30/2008 10:40:00 PM  

I voted today. And I was in/out in ten minutes flat. Huzzah!

And please tell me how you got the Nano icon with the word count bar...

Kath Calarco 10/31/2008 09:28:00 AM  

I DO ask people if they've voted because so many believe the polls and then become apathetic. It's a tight race and to put faith in the polls is nuts.

It ain't over until all votes are in.

Karen Olson 10/31/2008 10:47:00 AM  

I have to work from home because there's no school. I'll probably bring my daughter to the polls, as usual. And then when she's at choir rehearsal later, I'll be making calls for the Obama campaign. Not taking anything for granted.

spyscribbler 10/31/2008 10:51:00 AM  

Heather, that's awesome! I really want to send you the link to that widget, but I haven't been able to get NaNo to come up for two days. *sigh* As soon as it does, I'll email it to you!

spyscribbler 10/31/2008 10:53:00 AM  

Kath, I believe the same thing. It's mainly just a thing where I always reach a point, after fifty people have told/asked me to vote, I'm just done with being asked. Of COURSE I'm going to vote!

spyscribbler 10/31/2008 10:54:00 AM  

That's fantastic, Karen. The only things I'm doing are around the internet. I can't be a driver, because we only have one car, and I really suck at talking, LOL.

But I'm trying my best. This is just too important not to.

Robin 10/31/2008 12:24:00 PM  

I get off work at around 5:30 on Tuesdays, so I run to the voting place after. I'm always paranoid that I'll be late, even though I have plenty of time!

Then we do the I watch CNN while Adam snores thing....

Erica Orloff 10/31/2008 12:56:00 PM  

I'm voting . . . then I am buying champagne to either celebrate or drown my sorrows Tuesday night.
E

Melanie Avila 10/31/2008 01:04:00 PM  

I've already voted so Tuesday will be spent glued to the TV. I CANNOT WAIT! This morning Ibis said he's already starting to get excited for Tuesday, even though he can't vote. I looked at him and said "starting?" I've been excited for a month!

Heather, I heard the NaNo site is down for a bit but if you go under Fun Stuff (or something like that) there's a link for Word Count Widgets. Copy whichever one you want, then on your blog select New Element > HTML code thingy. That should work.

spyscribbler 10/31/2008 10:38:00 PM  

Robin, I'll think of you when I'm listening to that snoring and crossing my fingers under the covers. :-)

spyscribbler 10/31/2008 10:39:00 PM  

Erica, GREAT idea. I'm thinking of buying some blackberry wine. (Bought some for tonight, but now I'm in love.)

spyscribbler 10/31/2008 10:40:00 PM  

Seriously, Melanie! The anticipation is killing me. I've been excited about this for two or three months.

Now, it's just almost unbearable!