Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Hodge Podge Today

We've hit another wall, where I'm feeling so busy and stressed and overwhelmed, I can barely put together a blog post. It's just when there's a problem I can't talk about, all I can think of is what I'm trying not to talk about.

*sigh*

So let's just move on to celebrating the fact that it is time to vote for our own Edie Ramer in the American Title Contest! All you have to do is send a blank email to votes@romantictimes.com and put "DEAD PEOPLE" in the subject line!

So I haven't asked lately. How are things going for you guys and your WIPs? Whatcha writing? Are you in the beginning, middle, or end? How's it feeling?

You know, people keep saying the election of a black president was historic, but that's not the only reason Obama's presidency will be historic: he will be the first president to email us. He is also the first president to have a President-Elect website staying in touch with us online. Have you checked out Change.gov?

That is just something. If you're not already on his email list, you can get on it at the top of Change.gov.

It's definitely going to be a different kind of presidency. His plan seems in place and he's working it.

What's your plan, lately? Are you working it?

Finally, a few cool things:

If you'd like to read your blog feeds on real paper, in a printable tabloid-style pdf, you can try tabbloid.

Need some help focusing? Write or Die might be some fun help. You write in your browser, but it will copy your work to your clipboard when you're done. You can see the video explaining it below. It could give you that extra shove if you're trying NaNo. I just might try it this afternoon!

12 bonus scribbles:

Melanie Avila 11/11/2008 03:04:00 PM  

Thank you for including the link for Obama's site. I've wondered how you signed up for his emails.

As for the writing site... I tried the kamikaze mode last week and nearly had a heart attack. NO WAY could I use that. I'd be terrified the entire time!

My writing is going pretty well. I just spent two hours working on my outline so hopefully the rest of my story will just ooze out of me.

spyscribbler 11/11/2008 03:14:00 PM  

ROFL! Really? I haven't tried it yet. That's hilarious!

Oh, cool, Melanie. I want to do my outline. I did an outline for this novella, but it disappeared. I loved having it for the whole hour! Outlines only happen on "special" days when my brain is in working order.

*sigh* It's my day off, the one where I'm supposed to write all day, and I just now got done with studio busywork. And in a few minutes we have to drive forty minutes, and eat, and then I'll be able to write.

Melanie Avila 11/11/2008 04:42:00 PM  

It's 3:45 here and I still haven't actually written anything. I've read a few chapters from my writing book and it's inspired me a bit, but still no new words.

spyscribbler 11/11/2008 04:45:00 PM  

Me, either, Melanie. It's been a hormonal, stressful day. I feel out of sorts, LOL. I had so much icky busywork to take care of for the studio, it used up all my attention and focus for the day.

But okay, I promise right now, I'm going to get busy! Well, as soon as DH gets out of the doctor's office. Poor guy, he's been there for FIVE hours. He's starving! I'm starving!

Melanie Avila 11/11/2008 06:30:00 PM  

Five hours is a long time to be at the doctor's, poor thing. I finally started writing - 1000 words so far - so I'm going to take a workout break then try for another 1000.

btw, where IS everyone? It's like our own private chat in here, lol.

spyscribbler 11/11/2008 07:03:00 PM  

LOL, seriously! It's a bit of a boring post, though, isn't it, LOL? It's 7:00pm, and we're finally done with the doctors, with eating dinner, and settled into Borders.

Ahhh. Such a long day, but I'm writing right now! I am, really!

Robin 11/11/2008 09:47:00 PM  

That was really fun to read. I don't know why, but it felt like being at a family dinner. You and Melanie could do a book, just hanging out and sending chat e mails back and forth. I'd read it!

I'm stagnant on my wip. I'm tired and stagnant. I'm going to meet with someone tomorrow to see if I can con, er, I mean convince, Toys R Us to sell my book at the register. I'd have to remove the curses, though. Pretty ambitious, but what the hell? A girl can dream....

Susan Helene Gottfried 11/11/2008 10:07:00 PM  

Am I nuts to be more excited about the e-mail than the guy's skin color? I just don't get why it's such a big deal... I really live in a bubble or something...

Sorry to hear you're stressed. That's been me, too. Must be the air over here?

And YES, we will totally have to have lunch one day. I was thinking of you just this weekend, driving to/from Beachwood...

Edie 11/12/2008 12:16:00 AM  

Spy, thanks so much for the shout out! And Obama's site. I'm going to sign up for his emails.

I've been too busy to write the past two days! I hope to write tomorrow. I think I have 69 pages written. My progress is pathetic.

spyscribbler 11/12/2008 07:46:00 AM  

Robin, that's hilarious! I miss lively, chatty dinners!

GOOD LUCK AT TOYS R US!!!! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

spyscribbler 11/12/2008 07:47:00 AM  

Susan, totally! I keep forgetting he's black, but I think it's the coolest that he's going to be the first "online" president. He's really with it, in comparison to McCain. I am so impressed.

Oh, man, you shoulda told me! I was ten minutes away, twiddling my thumbs while DH was in the doctor's for FIVE HOURS!

spyscribbler 11/12/2008 07:48:00 AM  

Edie, my progress is pathetic right now, too. I feel your pain. But I made an executive decision today, a big one. It's giving me a little lift. I'm ready to go write!