Monday, November 24, 2008

I've Messed It All Up.

So I'm trying to redesign my blog. Just got sick of how it looked. Except now it's a mess and it's taken out all my paragraph tags. *sigh*

Well.

Anyway.

Please forgive if things look terrible (or different) every time you swing by for the next week. I've torn it apart, but I don't have time to put it back together, LOL.

Once I have a header, I'll change the fonts and colors and stuff of the rest of the template. I think. We'll see.

In the meantime, which do you like better?

image

header

image

image

I can't seem to find header. I'm not particularly in the mood for anything except a change, so no pictures are really calling to me. I don't know.

What do you think? Any ideas?

I have no real sense of what... matches me. I wear clothes for comfort. I enjoy looking at artwork, but I don't normally express myself visually, mostly just through words or music.

LOL, just realized, you guys are the ones who have to look at it. What do you want?

27 bonus scribbles:

Erica Orloff 11/24/2008 06:50:00 AM  

WOW! Spy . . . I really want to redesign my blog but haven't a CLUE.

Sigh. I envy your techno-savvy.

All right . . . I like the current one. And I like the eye-popping art one just because I do. :-) Love the colors.

E

Amy Nathan 11/24/2008 07:57:00 AM  

I like the current one, or the books. They seem very you, to me.

I like change too...my blog designs seem to have a two-year lifespan.

Good luck - can't wait to see the finished product!

Robin 11/24/2008 10:18:00 AM  

I like the various women. They look so cozy, and that reminds me of you. I think of you as having a cozy personality. (Don't ruin my fantasies, please.)

Melanie Avila 11/24/2008 10:20:00 AM  

I prefer the books. Like Amy said, they seem the most "you." Otherwise I'd pick the colorful one because I used to have a painting over my desk with similar circles (it might even be the same artist).

I'm not helping, I know. :) But I like the new look!

Melanie Avila 11/24/2008 10:21:00 AM  

After looking again, I think the circle piece is the same print I had in my office.

StarvingWriteNow 11/24/2008 11:54:00 AM  

I too am jealous of your techno-guru status. I still haven't figured out the three-column thing. I"m considering transferring StarvingWriteNow to Wordpress, which has easy readymade three column templates available.

Kath Calarco 11/24/2008 11:59:00 AM  

I like the one you have - it's so Renaissance art-ish. lol

But, I'm not too fond of the dark backdrop with light text, but then again, I'm probably your only fan with eye issues. I can get around it, though.

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 12:08:00 PM  

Erica, it's not too hard. Google "free xml blogger templates" and you can find some real good ones. You just download the file, then upload it with a click. (If you do it, and hit a snag, it's an easy fix.)

Then you can tinker with colors in bloggers "fonts and colors" page, and with sidebar items on the "layout" page.

No tech-savvy needed, I promise!

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 12:08:00 PM  

Thanks, Amy. Btw, I love your blog design! I'm tempted to move to WordPress. We'll see.

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 12:09:00 PM  

Robin, I like the women, too! They remind me of me, too, except such boring colors. I love the blue in the first one, LOL.

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 12:11:00 PM  

Melanie, I got that as a free header from someone who claimed it was original, but it looked familiar to me, too. I love the colors in it.

But it looks so familiar! I wonder if he stole it.

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 12:11:00 PM  

WriteNow, see my comment for Erica. It's really easy! Maybe I'll do a post on it, tomorrow.

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 12:14:00 PM  

Kath, I definitely like bigger fonts. One of the things I hate most about my current design are the lack of... I forget the word. You know, the ability to use font size and such tricks to help your post.

I have terrible eye strain issues, but I have the opposite sensitivity as you: black background and gray text is like a soothing blanket.

I don't like it from a design standpoint, though. I'll definitely be changing it!

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 12:14:00 PM  

Thanks for your feedback, guys! It helps!

Anonymous,  11/24/2008 12:23:00 PM  

Redesigning your site! My hat would be off to you if I wore one. Lately, anything to do with the web, or computers -- if it's set up and works I just let it go. I blog with JournalScape because it is easy and I'm not even tempted to monkey much. Feel free to experiment. I'll expect something new every day for awhile!

Eric Mayer,  11/24/2008 12:25:00 PM  

OK. I'm anonymous. See why I leave things alone? I can't even hit the right button to post a comment!!

Melanie Avila 11/24/2008 02:13:00 PM  

Ooh, I like this with everything on the left, but I don't like the justified type.

Do you want any help with the header? If you send me the picture, I can lighten a section so we can see the type (like a ghosted line). Let me know. :)

Edie 11/24/2008 02:28:00 PM  

I admire you technical ability too. Wow! I haven't updated my personal blog in three years.

Love the current one. I also like the colors and the books.

Melanie Avila 11/24/2008 04:09:00 PM  

Oh, and I LOVE the "bonus scribbles." :D

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 04:19:00 PM  

LOL, Eric! Expect craziness! I'm using a template and bloggers handy-dandy stuff to "make it easier."

It's easier if you don't know html, but I'd feel so much more comfortable digging into the code!

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 04:24:00 PM  

Edie, but your blog is perfect. So pretty!

spyscribbler 11/24/2008 04:29:00 PM  

Melanie, I'd love help! Thank you! Let me see if I can make a header this big. That'd be cool.

PS: What was up with that justify thing? Yuck!

Travis Erwin 11/24/2008 04:43:00 PM  

I like the new look. Wish I had the talent to do something like that.

Rick 11/24/2008 08:46:00 PM  

I think you are now seriously styling.

Zoe Winters 11/25/2008 01:49:00 AM  

I really like your redesign.

Erica, don't feel bad, I can't do crap on a blogger blog either. I found that blogging tool very frustrating.

spyscribbler 11/25/2008 10:17:00 AM  

Thanks, Travis! It's pretty easy: I just used a free template!

LOL, thanks, Rick!

Zoe, I agree it's frustrating. I was going to switch to Word Press, but I couldn't, for no logical reason except I'm loyal. LOL. It's silly!

Robin 11/26/2008 07:39:00 AM  

I love the new blog format! It's so pretty!!!! Yet, I saw a small flaw this morning. I know this will bother you until you fix it, so I'm pointing it out. I am not on your blogroll. :P