Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hormonal & Inspirational Bits

image Dooce is pregnant! She's fourteen weeks, and she looks absolutely GORGEOUS! Would you LOOK at that belly? Oh my God. I looked at her picture and cried. Man, if I thought I had biological clock-ticking bad before, it's like screaming now.

Screaming, I tell you.

I'm so moody, you'd think I was pregnant.

I wish.

I get to see my niece on Saturday. It seems I just saw her a few weeks ago, but it's been six or so months. That's, like, a quarter of her life. So I feel like I've missed everything!

One of my students, who can really get to talking, stood in the middle of my studio and told me how much she loved piano, for like ten minutes straight, without taking a breath.

imageTeaching is not like parenting. In parenting, you get the hugs, the little special moments, all the time. In teaching, they come like once every year and parents complain (or don't care) at least once a week. And so I totally burst into tears and had to hide them.

I feel so hormonal today I can't really think of anything to talk about. Glenn leaves in two weeks. He'll be back mid-April. I'm looking forward to working a lot, writing a lot. Not looking forward to pretending I'm not lonely.

Well, since I can't think of anything to say, how are you? How are you feeling about the holidays? Are they happy? Laced with moodiness? Stressed?

How's the writing going? The reading?

Here's a parting gift: 40 Inspirational speeches in 2 minutes. Loved it!

 

Today I am grateful for friends who don't mind when you stick your foot in your mouth and say the stupidest things, LOL.

28 bonus scribbles:

Janna Qualman 12/17/2008 08:08:00 PM  

Oh my goodness, I'm expressing a brownie - a LARGE brownie - your way, STAT. Wow, you've got a lot on your mind. I hope the evening gives way to peaceful thoughts for you!

And she does have a stinkin' cute belly...

StarvingWriteNow 12/17/2008 09:23:00 PM  

I was hormonal about 10 days ago. I hate the months when I get on crying jags instead of chocolate ones. ~sigh~ that's life.

Didn't Glenn just get home? Seems like it; too bad he has to leave so soon.

PS: In other news, the new man and I are doing VERY well! And, I got an A for my first semester of grad school! Yippee!

spyscribbler 12/17/2008 09:26:00 PM  

LOL, Janna, STAT sounds good to me! I need chocolate and quick! Loads of it!

And, oh gosh, I swear, I want to kiss her belly. Is that weird? I don't mean it in a weird way.

spyscribbler 12/17/2008 09:27:00 PM  

WriteNow, WONDERFUL news! I'm at the fireplace Borders all the time, so we have to catch up!

I swear, the chocolate, lately, has put on about twenty pounds! More kicking, less chocolate.

He just got home in October. *sigh*

CONGRATULATIONS on the A! That's AWESOME!

Robin 12/17/2008 10:51:00 PM  

Drat! I can't believe DH has to leave so soon. I don't blame you for feeling hormonal! I think Janna's brownie idea is just dandy. Then I'll send over a big, clunky, smelly adolescent boy to kill those parental yearnings.

Total hugs, Spy! I'll write a story about how I smashed into the furnace guy's van yesterday, and then called him a fuck head. (Totally true. Oy.) That'll cheer you up!

Robin 12/17/2008 10:53:00 PM  

Hey! I'm popping over to Dooce's blog. It's not fair for a normal person to look that good, let alone a pregnant one. What is this world coming to?

Edie 12/17/2008 11:23:00 PM  

It is a fabulous belly!

Two weeks seems way too soon. No wonder you're feeling weepy. At least he'll be home with you for Christmas.

As for my writing, my internet connection wasn't working for most of the day! So I did get more writing done than usual. There's always a good side. :)

Angie 12/18/2008 03:58:00 AM  

Re: teaching, you've gotta live for those moments, though, or you'd give it up as a bad job. My teaching-ish experience is only around the periphery, but I picked that up pretty quickly. The ones who hug you and say thanks (and apply themselves and actually learn and improve) are what give you the strength to not smack some of the others. :P

Or maybe that's just me...?

And I agree with SWN -- didn't the husband just get home?? :( Bummer, hon. [hugz] Focusing on work is a great idea, though.

Writing-wise I'm incredibly busy, although not on pay copy. I have a fic-fest story due on the 23rd, which I haven't started yet, although I have a pretty good idea what I'm going to write. [duck] And my WIP keeps rolling along. It's not pouring out of my the way it was in October, but I've been able to keep up with three chapters a week, which is pretty good for me.

As usual, it doesn't feel like Christmas yet. We go up to my mom's every year, and since we're not actually here for Christmas, we don't bother to decorate or anything. I haven't even done any shopping [laugh/flail] although I need to do that soon -- I shop online and have everything sent to Mom's house. But it won't feel like it's actually the Christmas season until I get to Reno and walk into my mom's house, which will be gorgeously decorated, have a beautiful tree, and will have cookies heaped up all over the place. Then it'll be Christmas, for the week I'm there. :)

Angie

Janna Qualman 12/18/2008 08:31:00 AM  

Spy - LOL! Nah, it's not weird at all. :) And Robin's adolescent boy might do the trick!

Melanie Avila 12/18/2008 09:24:00 AM  

I've been following along with Dooce and I love her comments about her pregnancy. Yesterday I was looking through the Daily Chuck photos and she even had funny comment about how Chuck will deal with the new baby.

I'm sorry Glenn has to leave again. At least he's here for the holidays. {{hugs}} Maybe Janna's brownie will help. Today I blogged about a gift she sent me. :)

Oh, and LMAO @ Robin!

conley730 12/18/2008 09:45:00 AM  

Who can blame you for being hormonal with hubby leaving so soon? It's just not right for a baby bump to be that darned cute! I'll have to go check out her blog...and Robin's...can't wait for that story! Maybe if Robin sends you her son and you make the rounds to visit my guys and Demon Baby, you'll feel much better about being childless. *hugs*

Aerin 12/18/2008 12:21:00 PM  

I was going to echo what demon baby's mum said - truly, you are welcome to mine. I know how you feel, because I felt that way pre-kids; and having kids is a pretty much irreversible thing, but I think both groups want what the other has (freedom v. chaos).

I stole the video, btw.

Avery DeBow 12/18/2008 12:32:00 PM  

Sorry DH has to jet so soon. I can't imagine how hard.

As for the kid-craziness, I suggest going on vacation with friends who have kids (and have brought the kids along). It'll either solidify your desire or make you run screaming for the hills.

writtenwyrdd 12/18/2008 03:17:00 PM  

What you need is a cheesy romance and a jug of alcholic beverage of your choice--unless you prefer truffles or ice cream?

lainey bancroft 12/18/2008 05:26:00 PM  

((Spy)) Sorry Glenn is off and running again. Put it on the shelf the next two weeks so you can have fun and celebrate the time you have together!

That is a darn cute baby belly!

Hope you get a belly soon.

Um, that sounds wrong. I don't mean from the chocolate. Well, you know what I mean! I think you'd make a fantastical mommy!

spyscribbler 12/18/2008 11:59:00 PM  

Oh, Robin, THAT's the story you were referring to? Ohmigosh, I cracked up for almost an HOUR over that story! That was hilarious! Oh, gosh, I have to go read it again.

I'm STILL laughing at that! I'll be laughing at that for days! I need to pay your car bill!

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:00:00 AM  

Edie, I keep thinking I'm going to unplug and write my fingers off. But I'm so addicted! I must get off. I keep thinking I'll take a week off with no internet, and just write like crazy. I hope I do, but maybe I need to pray for a snowstorm or something!

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:02:00 AM  

Colby, who can ask for anything more?

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:05:00 AM  

Angie, he got home in October. Ah well. I hope I get lots of work done! I know I'll at least eat better with him gone.

Oh, nice. That sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Even though we have a houseful of Christmas decorations, it never feels like Christmas until we start going shopping, usually after we're done teaching for the year.

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:06:00 AM  

LOL, Janna, very true! Some of the boy teenagers I've taught have been beyond moody at times!

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:06:00 AM  

Melanie, I adore Chuck pictures! Does she have an RSS feed for those? I'll have to go check those out. I haven't gone through them in awhile.

I'm ready for the brownies, for sure!

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:09:00 AM  

Erin, your twins are so adorable! And you know, Glenn had twins, once, and he had ten sisters who were varying sets of twins and triplets.

Oh, gosh. I can't bear this. I was just in Toys R Us/Babies R Us tonight. I want a baby SO BADLY! Twins would be awesome!

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:11:00 AM  

Aerin, it is irreversible, isn't it, LOL? Oh, man, I am just aching for a baby bump of my own! Two bumps! Three bumps! I don't care!

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:12:00 AM  

Avery, LOL, you'd think teaching them would do it! Or, how about those screaming kids in the bookstore today?

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:13:00 AM  

Writtenwyrdd, NICE! I prefer a big mug of hot chocolate, (the European drinking chocolate kind) with brandy or buttershots, and loads of marshmallow creme melted just so.

spyscribbler 12/19/2008 12:22:00 AM  

Lainey, that's the trick. I keep dreading Christmas because of it, but that's just silly. You're totally right!

All this baby talk has me crazy!

Melanie Avila 12/19/2008 10:01:00 AM  

Spy, I tend to save up the Chuck pictures so I have a bunch to go through at once. I don't know about RSS feeds and things like that, even though you keep trying to teach me, lol.