Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quickie Dentist Update

I'm working on a real post for everyone, and settling in for a day of catching up on y'all's blogs. I didn't want to mar the new post with a dental update, though.

So y'all are going to look politely away when I confess I pretty much wimped out? I went in and started sobbing asked more questions. He said they could possibly still heal with the medicine he put in there, so as long as I can bear the pain, he said, then my body might heal itself.

If there is anything my twenties taught me to do, or my foot has taught me to do, it's how to live with pain. No problem.

The root canal, which might need to be re-done, is what it is, but it can wait.

After I got home from wimping out discussing treatment options with the dentist, I read your comments. They made me feel SO much better and strengthened my belief in my decision to wait until January, if possible.

The big clue phone for me was when I realized I would a million times rather bear the pain than go through a dental procedure right now. I just need a break, is all. I need to re-work up my courage.

Besides, I've been wanting to do a juice cleanse for ages, so this might be a good time.

I got some hot chocolate, and settled in to respond to your comments, and I realized just thinking about the dentist again was doubling my blood pressure.

So please forgive me. I'll see you on your blogs this afternoon, and my next post is going up in a second, too.

Thanks for all your support, and for sharing your stories! They made me feel less alone. That's one of the gifts of the internet, I think.

5 bonus scribbles:

Edie 12/14/2008 07:10:00 PM  

Spy, I'm sending you healing vibes. Until then, if the pain continues, call your dentist tomorrow and demand he prescribe something to help you through this.

Melanie Avila 12/15/2008 11:56:00 AM  

Feel better Spy. You sound more optimistic, which is good.

btw, I totally giggled when you said juice cleanse in one sentence, then hot chocolate in the next. :P

spyscribbler 12/15/2008 12:23:00 PM  

Thanks, Edie! I'm getting through it. :-) What can you do? I'm switching Tylenol and Advil. It's okay! My jaws hurt now more than the teeth, and it's a duller pain.

spyscribbler 12/15/2008 12:24:00 PM  

Ah-HAH, Melanie! The truth comes out! Here I thought you said I was funny because of my charming wit. But really, you're just laughing AT me.

(And you know me so well, LOL. You mean I can't do chocolate on a juice cleanse??? I'm doomed!)

Rachel Burton 12/15/2008 03:41:00 PM  

Oh goodness; I just read through all your dentist drama, which I am no stranger to at all! I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all that. I've had an embarrassing number of root canals and fillings, and my teeth always get worse to. And tooth pain is one of the worst kinds of pain there is. I was swishing with straight bourbon at one point! I hope you feel better soon!