Monday, January 19, 2009

How Is Your World? And a Name.

image First the good news! Edie Ramer made the next round of American Title V! I'm so excited! Only 6 contestants left! And there's only a short window to vote this time: Jan. 19 - Feb. 2. Go here to read the story summaries. To vote for the best one (Edie's, or course), send an email to votes@romantictimes.com with DEAD PEOPLE as the subject.

Glenn's back in touch after 10 days! Rough weather. We only got to talk by IM, which, after ten days of not getting to talk, just doesn't really feel like talking. I want to hear his voice. Oh heck, I want him to hug me.

*sigh*

Roundabout 90 more days until he gets home.

I can't really think of a blog. I'm just writing a lot, working a lot, reading a lot. I'm struggling to get up at 5am, which means I'm mostly not sleeping. I'm really hoping I'll get the hang of this soon.

How's your writing going? How's your world? What's up?

image Oh! I almost forgot: I'm in my 4th year of blogging here. This is my 810th post. (Good grief.)

And yet, this blog does not have a name. I've been waiting to come up with an idea, but... it's been 4 years.

Got any suggestions?

38 bonus scribbles:

Gledwood 1/19/2009 10:47:00 AM  

ideas? ooer I'm in a bit of a desert myself with things I OUGHT to be writing but am not...

... of course I can write trash on my blog 24/7 but I'm hardly gonna get a career out of THAT, am I!!

you writing's lovely btw ;->...

spyscribbler 1/19/2009 10:50:00 AM  

Oh thanks, Gledwood! Six blogs, WOW! I don't know how you do it!

I love your icon thingamabob!

StarvingWriteNow 1/19/2009 11:11:00 AM  

I thought Spyscribbler was the name? Apparently not.

I'll have to think on it, dearest. Will let you know.

spyscribbler 1/19/2009 11:13:00 AM  

Could be, WriteNow! And the further drawback to that is it seems more and more unlikely that I'll actually write a spy novel! So... spyscribbler is getting a little weird. But I'm used to it. I like it. People call me Spy now. I can't just change my name on them, can I? LOL!

Janna Qualman 1/19/2009 11:14:00 AM  

Hmm... Scribbler's Spot? Or The Scribbler's Spot? Or some variation?

Good luck!

spyscribbler 1/19/2009 11:15:00 AM  

Alliteration! I love it, Janna!

Amy Nathan 1/19/2009 12:26:00 PM  

I didn't realize the blog didn't have a name.

I think it works!

Mine doesn't really have a name either, come to think of it.

Glad you got to talk to your hubz. I know you miss him. Write on and the time will go more quickly.

Don't you hate when people say that? ;)

Edie 1/19/2009 12:30:00 PM  

Spy, thanks for your wonderful comments about the contest!!! I'm so lucky to have you as my friend. You are the best!

I'll try to think of something, but I'm so used to Spyscribbler, it's going to be hard.

I'm glad you heard from Glenn. I hope those 90 days go by fast.

Charles Gramlich 1/19/2009 12:40:00 PM  

Spy scribbler is a pretty good name in it's own right.

Avery DeBow 1/19/2009 12:55:00 PM  

How about, "Mortimer?" Or, "Roger?"

You can see why mine doesn't have a good title, either. ;)

I like Spy Scribbler, too. It's what I've come to know you/you're blog as.

Melanie Avila 1/19/2009 01:34:00 PM  

I'm glad you finally heard from him. I know it's not the same as the phone, but I'm sure it eases your mind just the same.

I also thought Spyscribbler was the name. I never questioned it until you brought it up last week, lol. How about The Spy Book That Evaded Me, Spy Reader, Spy Dreamer, Spy in the City (lol). I really like Colby's idea!

I voted!

Robin 1/19/2009 02:07:00 PM  

Who needs a name when your posts are always so good? Thanks for the prompt to vote for Edie - yay Edie! And I hope the next three months fly by for you.

Mary Moore 1/19/2009 02:23:00 PM  

I'm trying to write, but it's hard to find the time lately...

Love your blog. Keep on bloggin'!

Michele 1/19/2009 02:53:00 PM  

Yay, Edie! Congratulations!

As soon as I post this comment, I'm voting! :) Good Luck!!

So glad you were able to communicate with Glenn, Spy. I'm sure that was somewhat of a comfort, even though you couldn't actually talk to him.

And huh. Like others have already mentioned, it hadn't occurred to me that this blog didn't have a name.

Kath Calarco 1/19/2009 03:58:00 PM  

So cool about Edie! She'll move on to the next round, I just know it.

So sorry you're hubby will be away for so long. Gosh, how do you do it?

I didn't know your blog was nameless. Thought "Spy Scribbler" was the name, lol. Funny that after 810 posts no on realized it was untitled. Way to fool us all, Spy. :)

McKoala 1/19/2009 04:14:00 PM  

Also assume Spyscribbler was the name!

You could make a subtle change to: 'Spyscribbles'? Keeping your own name, of course.

Robin 1/19/2009 06:08:00 PM  

(silly Robin) - I thought Spyscribbler was the name! I don't think you should change it now. It would be very traumatic. For me. Isn't that what it's all about? My comfort? No? Drat. That's what I was afraid of.

Edie 1/19/2009 08:50:00 PM  

Thanks for voting for me, Robin and Michele!

Spy, I thought of a name: Soul Scribbler. Because you write your blogs from your soul.

L.C. Gant 1/19/2009 09:00:00 PM  

Four years of blogging?! Wow! I haven't even done this thing for a month yet, so that seems like forever to me, lol! Congrats on that!

Hmm... I like the name Spy Scribbler myself, but I also LOVE Edie's suggestion. Soul Scribbler just sounds cool! Either one would be fine with me.

I'm glad you got to talk with the hubby. I was in a long-distance relationship a few years ago, so I know how hard they can be. I hope these last 90 days fly by for you and that he comes home safely. Hang in there, my dear!

Caryn Caldwell 1/19/2009 10:28:00 PM  

Wow. Ninety days. That seems so long. I hope it passes quickly for you.

As for a name, you can make a play off Spyscribbler, like Spy Scribbles or something. I don't know. I never noticed you didn't have a name for your blog! I just thought of it as "Spyscribbler's Blog". How funny.

Lauren 1/20/2009 10:37:00 AM  

I'm with WriteNow and a couple other people, I thought that Spy Scribbler was the name. Personally, I like Spy Scribbler as the title.

But, as long as you don't do something that starts with five exclamation marks like some bloggers do to get listed top it'll be a great title! :-P lol

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 04:54:00 PM  

Amy, LOL, it's true, though! The busier I stay, the sooner he'll be home. Although, it's not exactly a time to go slower and smell the roses, and that's kind of sad.

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:00:00 PM  

Edie, right back at you! You're amazing! I got to talk to him for awhile last night; it was SO great to hear his voice!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:00:00 PM  

Thanks, Charles! Can a username be the name of a blog, though, LOL?

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:01:00 PM  

LOL, Avery! I like Mortimer! LOL!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:03:00 PM  

I love Spy Dreamer, Melanie! That's awesome!

The Spy Book That Evaded Me is the story of my "real name" writing career, thus far, LOL!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:04:00 PM  

Oh gosh, Robin. Thanks! Totally blushing here!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:04:00 PM  

Mary, I've had trouble getting my schedule adjusted, since the New Year. I don't know why!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:05:00 PM  

LOL, Michele, really? That's kinda funny. The Blog Which Shall Not Be Named...

:-)

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:06:00 PM  

Kath, I believe she will, too! I think exciting things are going to happen for her, either way!

I count the days until he comes home. :-)

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:07:00 PM  

McKoala: Spyscribbler spyscribbles. I love it! LOL!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:09:00 PM  

LOL, Silly Robin! I couldn't do that to you! It is about your comfort! And your poptarts!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:09:00 PM  

Oooh, Edie, that gave me chills!!!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:12:00 PM  

L.C., Glenn and I started out as a long-distance relationship. I don't know how that worked, because if there was one thing I was not made for, it's a LD relationship!

The four years flew. I actually blogged before that, too... all the way back in 2001! But it was more a personal diary.

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:14:00 PM  

Caryn, I fear it will be very long! Sadly, I'm getting used to it. At the same time, I can't wait until his last trip is done, and we head off into the sunset with our goals!

spyscribbler 1/20/2009 05:24:00 PM  

Lauren, no exclamation points, I promise! LOL! Maybe I should make my title: A Spy Scribbler. :-)