Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Small Pleasures and Stuff

I’m sorry I’m being a dunce again. I haven’t responded to your comments or visited your blogs. I’m still (still!) organizing.

Had a real crappy week last week, but this week is going well. Everything I didn’t finish last week is starting to come together this week.

I’m in de-cluttering obsessive mode, too. I keep making trips to Goodwill. I just purged another fifty books. I have two empty cabinets in my kitchen, and this makes me very happy.

(Small pleasures.)

And two huge, wonderful things happened this week (so far!): a friend did something really nice and thoughtful, and my dearest ordered me a cleaning lady for tomorrow. My first time ever!

Okay, now I’m going to disappear again. Gotta deal with my massive to-do list and my stuff. As George Carlin once said, “Have you noticed that their stuff is shit, and your shit is stuff?”

15 bonus scribbles:

Charles Gramlich 2/24/2009 02:21:00 AM  

As soon as I saw you had purged books I had to quit reading. I feel so bad for the books when they are treated that way. I hope they find a good home. ;)

StarvingWriteNow 2/24/2009 06:51:00 AM  

So tell: how did the cleaning lady work out?

Melanie Avila 2/24/2009 08:58:00 AM  

I'm glad things are picking up for you. I can't wait to hear about your clean house. :)

Kath Calarco 2/24/2009 09:06:00 AM  

Oh, how I'd love a cleaning person again. Back when both hubby and I worked full time, we had one. Now that I'm home I can't justify someone doing it, but you know, my floors suffer for it. (I hate mopping!)

I've seriously considered having one come just once a month. It'd alleviate the guilt.

Pink Ink 2/24/2009 09:38:00 AM  

I try to avoid cleaning as much as I can. I'm bad that way :-)

Janna Qualman 2/24/2009 09:40:00 AM  

What a great start to your week!

Realmcovet 2/24/2009 09:59:00 AM  

Yay for you and your organizational mission. I know how overwhelming it can be!!

And that's so funny that you did the George Carlin "Stuff" nod. That bit is the FIRST thing that comes to my mind when I get into "organizational mode".

"You need a bigger place, so you can have more room to put your STUFF!!"

Don't worry, everything will be back to normal for you soon, and you will feel so much better cause all your stuff has a place. :)

Mary Moore 2/24/2009 10:07:00 AM  

OMG, I so have to do this.

And I need a cleaning lady too. Desperately.

Edie 2/24/2009 10:54:00 AM  

I'm happy that you're more feeling better! My husband put new faucets in our bathroom, and that necessitated him taking stuff out of the cupboard beneath one of the sinks. It was like one of those clowns in a Volkswagen skits.

I don't know how we fit so much stuff in the cupboard. I've got it down to half now, and I feel so good about it. The new faucets look great too. :)

Susan Helene Gottfried 2/24/2009 12:28:00 PM  

I'd be lost without my cleaning lady!

As for those books, feel free to pack up any fiction and store them. I'll be heading to Cleveland on April 4; we can detour on the way there (or back) and pick 'em up.

*grin*

I'm such a book whore...

Robin 2/24/2009 07:47:00 PM  

Oh man, a cleaning lady is going to feel so good. My problem is that I'm so obsequious that they never listen to me. Learn from my mistakes! Be tough! Tell her/him you want your house to sparkle!

Kate S 2/24/2009 08:54:00 PM  

"...whips, chains, dildo and a book" Hey! He's gone through my stuff! ;)

Congrats on the cleaning. When you're done, please come over here and start again. :)

Aerin 2/24/2009 09:27:00 PM  

Hi, I'm stopping by to remind you about the 2009 Writing Challenge I'm hosting. Make sure to check in!

Georgie B 2/25/2009 06:33:00 AM  

Organizing is never ending.

Repeat the mantra.

Organizing is never ending.

Robin 2/25/2009 01:35:00 PM  

Good look with your list! And no matter how much you get done, it will be great to come home to a clean house!