Thursday, March 19, 2009

Catching my Breath

image It has been non-stop busywork all week. I’ve been working non-stop, but I’ve gotten nothing really important to me done. They all just sort of serve the important things.

I hate weeks like that.

Every time I think I’ve cleared my plate, I remember twenty more things. I have this urge to go crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head, but that doesn’t help, because my head is under the covers, too, remembering the million little dangling threads I have to do.

I have a new bookkeeping system. It’s interesting. It shows the profit and loss in a clearer way, which isn’t necessarily a good thing, LOL.

Anyway, how do you handle the endless busywork?

image

15 bonus scribbles:

Robin 3/19/2009 05:32:00 PM  

I find that when I have too much to do, I get stymied, and I can't do any of it. I'm going to go upstairs and clean out Kevin's closet tonight. That would make me feel really useful. It will also make me want to bludgeon him to death, unfortunately. But, that could be useful, too. For his track coach. And teachers.

Pink Ink 3/19/2009 06:46:00 PM  

I usually have a good cry, and then hubby says to buck up and go to work.

Lindsay 3/19/2009 07:34:00 PM  

I don't do it, heh. The perks of working for oneself. :)

I always hated that sort of stuff when I was in the military though. You had to look busy whether there was anything that truly needed to be done or not.

Edie 3/19/2009 07:58:00 PM  

I get stressed and eat chocolate and spend too much time at my computer. How's that for an answer.

I've cut down my computer time this week and last week. I don't worry about reading everyone's blog anymore. My writing has to be my priority.

Melanie Avila 3/19/2009 08:59:00 PM  

I've been trapped with endless busywork too. It's frustrating. I'm running around like a headless chicken but haven't accomplished anything I want to do. Grr.

When there's too much going on, my head starts to spin and I have to force myself to just pick one thing and finish it. After that I can usually tackle the rest with a little better control.

Lisa 3/20/2009 02:01:00 PM  

I make a todo list, and note when each task will be done.
If I keep my 'todo' items in my head I tend to start feeling overwhelmed, it helps me to have the written down.
It's a nice feeling to cross the items off my list.

I was able to mark several off my list this week!

spyscribbler 3/20/2009 07:09:00 PM  

LOL, Robin! That cracks me up. I'm the same way. I mean, I don't clean, but my mind sorta goes on strike. Today it took me to two movies at NOON. I ruined it by feeling guilty afterwards, LOL!

spyscribbler 3/20/2009 07:09:00 PM  

Jewel, I could use one of those!

spyscribbler 3/20/2009 07:10:00 PM  

Lindsay, I'm pretty much like you. Except I've spent two-three weeks of catching up on not doing it, LOL. :-)

I hate that looking busy bit!

spyscribbler 3/20/2009 07:10:00 PM  

Edie, I've cut down on everything, too. I'm in this weird place right now. I can't even get interested in chocolate. Now that really scares me.

spyscribbler 3/20/2009 07:11:00 PM  

Yes, Melanie! A headless chicken! Non-stop running, and nothing getting done! That's exactly how this week has felt!

spyscribbler 3/20/2009 07:12:00 PM  

Me, too, Lisa! My problem, lately, is I go through my to-do list going: don't want to do that, let's put off that, hate doing that, wish I didn't have to do that.

Ick. But I've checked off a ton of stuff this week, at least. More keeps piling on!

G 3/21/2009 07:24:00 AM  

I haven't had that problem in about three years.

Wish I did.

If I did though, I probably wouldn't be here.

As in, no blogging. No chat rooms. No Internet. Nada. Zip. Zilcho.

And the dream of being a writer, would be just that.

A dream.

Lauren 3/21/2009 09:11:00 PM  

I've been on busy week ever since I started feeling better (because I couldn't do anything for the 2.5 weeks I was so sick) so I'm doing catch up plus new stuff that has to be caught up. Circle of death. I try to make a to-do list and only think about the item that I am on. It helps me not feel as overwhelmed.

I hope that your busyweek goes away and that next week is better for you!

Travis Erwin 3/23/2009 11:50:00 AM  

That may the finniest of those cat pictures I've ever seen.