Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Peace Treaties with the Universe

I have, like, nothing to say. I just ran out. And I’ve declared a long period of peace in my world. No more random happenings, misfits of fortune, or irritating stumbles along every pathway.

The universe has been kind, thus far, and has respected my declaration of peace. (For three days, at least.)

I have all these books to re-read for an essay, and it’s so weird to spend a week reading and feeling like I have to read every moment of the day. So I’m reading all day. Gosh, it’s fantastic.

I feel like I tricked my to-do list or something.

Just got my computer back. Another great thing.

Um. Yeah. So, like, I have nothing to say. Can’t think of a thing.

So what’s up in your world? Any peace treaties with the universe? Ever made one, LOL? How’s the reading going? Does reading feel like a guilty indulgence? What are you reading?

How about writing?

Any good news I missed while my computer was gone?

15 bonus scribbles:

Bevie 3/26/2009 07:40:00 AM  

No peace treaty at this time. The Universe has such an upper hand right now my choices are: Run and Hide; Total Capitulation.

(If you're wondering about my choice, I'm using a pseudonym.)

I'm in break mode regarding writing (and reading). Will reread my book next week and then work on the query letter.

Thinking about starting a new project for on-line friends. I'm out of time to explain it all this morning. You'll have to visit my blog, A Voice in the Wind, to get more information.

Have a great day.

Janna Qualman 3/26/2009 07:56:00 AM  

I think it's great! Good for you. :)

Edie 3/26/2009 08:58:00 AM  

Love your peace treaty idea -- and envy your all-day reading. I'm reading in snatches, but I'm writing and happy about it.

I'm glad you're back!

Eric Mayer 3/26/2009 09:07:00 AM  

Sorry. I made off with all your inspiration to get my own blog started again!!

I know what you mean about that reading. Recently I spent a few days, mostly reading, for the first time in years and it was wonderful. I just finished Maigret Goes Home by Georges Simenon. Next up is Deadlier Then the Male by James Gunn.

spyscribbler 3/26/2009 09:36:00 AM  

Bevie, I think your idea is awesome! I love it! I definitely know the "run and hide" vs. "total capitulation" feeling. Definitely been there! *hugs*

Good luck on the query letter!

spyscribbler 3/26/2009 09:36:00 AM  

Thanks, Janna! Let's hope we both abide by our peace treaty, LOL!

spyscribbler 3/26/2009 09:36:00 AM  

I know, Edie! It's awesome! I get to do something for fun, and I have to. I feel like giggling! I've tricked someone!

spyscribbler 3/26/2009 09:38:00 AM  

So that's where it went, Eric! It is JUST wonderful and amazing, I can't believe it! I am so grateful.

And you always read things I've never heard of and have to look up. That's cool. :-)

Charles Gramlich 3/26/2009 10:15:00 AM  

It must mean things are going pretty well for you.

Melanie Avila 3/26/2009 10:37:00 AM  

I'm so glad you're week has improved. Mine has too. Monday was fricking awful, but I'm just about caught up and I've even secured my first web design projects.

Robin 3/26/2009 08:44:00 PM  

I'm reading Kel's (R.J. Keller's) Waiting for Spring. It's so good! I downloaded it onto my Kindle.

I didn't know you could declare a peace treaty with the universe! Nobody tells me anything! I surrender! I don't even need a treaty!

spyscribbler 3/26/2009 09:26:00 PM  

Well, Charles. Um, not great. It's more I decided that I'm tired of there always being "something," you know? So the universe and I worked out a deal. I'm praying with all my heart the universe sticks to its side of the bargain.

Okay, I officially sound crazy.

spyscribbler 3/26/2009 09:27:00 PM  

Oh YAY, Melanie! That is AWESOME! That's exciting!

spyscribbler 3/26/2009 09:28:00 PM  

Robin, I want to read that! I keep forgetting to download it.

I tried surrendering. It didn't work, for some odd reason, LOL. So we met halfway. :-)

Melanie Avila 3/27/2009 10:48:00 AM  

I'm a little nervous... I have to officially START one of them today. EEK!