Friday, April 03, 2009

Self-Indulgence Again.

CD2 072This is Dixie Ann Doodle. I don’t know why I’m showing you pictures of my cats, lately, but I’m just looking forward to Glenn being home and our family all together again. I miss him, so I think this is how I’m coping, LOL. One more week! Dixie thinks Glenn is the Center of the Universe. I mean, she thinks he is the shit.

When I’m a little down, I stare at cat pictures. I love I Can Haz Cheeseburger, and I’ve just found Cute Overload. Don’t ask me why staring at cute kittens is an important part of my day, LOL.

CD3 302 This is Leo. Leo died.
:-( He was the best. I know cats have feelings because Dixie was depressed for about seven months after he died. It was something. He was one cool cat. 

CD2 077 This is my first cat, Choo-Choo. It absolutely KILLS me when she covers her eyes to sleep. It’s so… human, LOL. She was the only cat for awhile, so it took her about five years to adjust to having other cats in the house.

CD3 329 After Leo died, we got Ittle Bittle. He’s still the baby of the family. He does not clean himself. All the other cats hold him down and clean him. He is also allowed to steal food from any of them without repercussions. He’s a spoiled one. :-)

CD3 485 This is Caesar, who was as sleek as a race horse when we got him from the pound, but who became a lump within a week. He’s a loving lump, but he’s a lump all the same.

I leave you with a picture of Ittle-Bittle on the kayak, and one of Ittle-Bittle taking a walk. Neither of which he’ll do anymore. :-(

CD3 444
CD3 449
So… tell me about your babies. Got any pictures?

Okay, one more.I can’t help it.

CD3 454

21 bonus scribbles:

Charles Gramlich 4/03/2009 08:30:00 PM  

My last cat was a calico named Little Bit, although she's no longer little. She went with my wife after Hurricane Katrina and is still doing well out in the country.

Edie 4/03/2009 08:49:00 PM  

Awww. Love the pics. The last one is the best. You've seen the picture of Belle and my English setter, Sky, on my blog sideboard.

I just spent time I don't have looking at pictures on Cute Overload. I have to write tonight! My hubby and I looked at tile today.

Mary@Holy Mackerel 4/03/2009 09:48:00 PM  

I don't have any cats because of major allergies, but I adore them.

Love the pictures.

Amy Sue Nathan 4/03/2009 11:02:00 PM  

I posted my baby pictures last night! Did you see? Did you see?

Eric Mayer,  4/03/2009 11:19:00 PM  

I don't have much in the way of photos but we wrote about some cats here:

http://tiocah.notlong.com

Robin 4/03/2009 11:57:00 PM  

Your cats are beautiful. My friend just got a really cute cat named Stella, and I have cat envy. I'd love to get a cat, but I'm afraid it might eat my dogs.

Bevie 4/04/2009 09:18:00 AM  

Oh, Spy! You should visit Cat in the Buff. It's a blog for, and about, cats. It's meant to be a fun blog.

My cat, Firestar, kind of heads it up with help from me. Give it a look see.

spyscribbler 4/04/2009 10:45:00 AM  

Charles, that's so funny! Ittle Bittle is now huge, and my one friend suggested we change his name to Iggle Biggle!

spyscribbler 4/04/2009 10:46:00 AM  

Oh yes, I have seen them Edie! Sorry to distract you with Cute Overload. I'm addicted! Tile... fun!

spyscribbler 4/04/2009 10:47:00 AM  

Aww, Mary! What's funny is that both Glenn and I are a bit allergic to our cats. (To the tune of asthma now and then.) But there's just no way we could do without them!

spyscribbler 4/04/2009 10:47:00 AM  

Amy, I was at your blog Thursday night but I must have JUST missed them! What cuties!

spyscribbler 4/04/2009 10:49:00 AM  

Oh, Eric, I LOVED yours and Mary's stories! How sad, though! Gosh, when Leo died, Glenn closed all the windows and begged me to stop crying because he was certain the neighbors would call the police, LOL.

spyscribbler 4/04/2009 10:49:00 AM  

Cats are dangerous that way, Robin! Stella seems like such a great name for a cat, LOL! I can picture her vividly!

spyscribbler 4/04/2009 10:50:00 AM  

Bevie, Cat in the Buff is in my reader! I always read it, even though I don't comment much. It's adorable!

Kate S 4/04/2009 01:34:00 PM  

Aw, great stuff. So funny about Dixie and Glenn - our cat thinks the same thing about my daughter. If Emily pretends to be crying, Frisky goes bananas. She runs all over her, paws at her, licks her face, cries, and screams at me to "do something!" But if I act like I'm crying, she just shrugs and walks off. lol

spyscribbler 4/04/2009 03:05:00 PM  

You are kidding, Kate?! Wow, I had no idea cats would do that... that is SO CUTE! Isn't that something? That is just the sweetest thing I've heard all week. :-)

When I laugh, my one cat comes RUNNING. Also when I sing Jingle Bells. I have NO IDEA why. (And only that song.)

Bevie 4/04/2009 04:34:00 PM  

Why not sign your little darlings up? All you need do is comment with their names and state you want their names along the side bar. One day, they will be Kitten of the Month!

Eric Mayer,  4/04/2009 04:38:00 PM  

It's too bad that we almost always need to say goodbye to our pets. Of course, our present cat is 20 so I guess I'm getting to the age where if we got a kitten it might outlive me!

Lisa 4/05/2009 01:40:00 PM  

Thank you thank you thank you.
I SOO love cat post! I loved all the photos of your kitties along with captions. As I matter of fact I've posted a number of different photos of my babies on my blog.
I'm also a big fan of
Cat In the Buff

OK, time to check out Amy Sue Nathan's babies!

Sorry to hear that your honey will be away longer!

Melanie Avila 4/05/2009 07:05:00 PM  

Oh my gosh, I think Ittle Bittle is the cutest name ever! But what do you mean he doesn't clean himself? Isn't that a natural instinct? Hmm...

Avery DeBow 4/06/2009 12:56:00 PM  

I tried to put my departed Elwood (pre-departure, of course) on a leash once. Very, very bad. He was not having it.

I have five. Jake, the last surviving Blues Brother; Max, a.k.a. Captain Panic; Sneezer, the shadow where a cat should be; and the youngest brothers: Minister, the cutest little spoiled bastard on the planet; and Sid Vicious,who can open any door and uses his paws like creepy little hands.