Saturday, May 02, 2009

Seriously? Movies Make It All Better.

image I keep forgetting that I need to go to the movies nearly every week. When I say need, I mean need. It relaxes and balances me again. Puts me in the zone.

I don’t watch much TV. Some weeks, I’ll watch about three hours, and oftentimes, whole weeks will go buy where I don’t ever turn the TV on at all. 

But there are shows I’ve fallen in love with this year: Kings (OHMIGAWD, epic and wonderful and amazing!), Dollhouse (just cool), and Brothers & Sisters (although if Kitty breaks it off with the Senator I am DONE).

And Chuck.

Which I wasn’t crazy about at first, but is now one of my must-see, love-the-most, crazy-about shows.

But every year, the networks piss me off:

imageKings: CANCELLED, the idiots
Dollhouse: Crew is looking for new work, so…
Brothers & Sisters: renewed, yay!
Chuck: maybe. MAYBE. MAYBE?????

*sigh*

If you want to which shows are in and which are out, here’s the link. It’s updated daily with new news.

So which shows are you rooting for? Upset about? Disappointed in? Thrilled they’re renewing?

And Edie hooked me on Cute Things Falling Asleep. I must watch daily. Kittens and babies. :-)

21 bonus scribbles:

Aerin 5/02/2009 01:04:00 PM  

NOT THE DOLLHOUSE! Come ON people. MUST have my Dushku-Whedon fix!!!!

Stewart Sternberg 5/02/2009 01:49:00 PM  

Having just gone out and watched Wolverine, I think you need to come back to the communal experience of cinema. There is nothing quite like it.

Television? I don't know how you tolerate it. I don't mean I don't watch TV, but when I am truly engaged in a show, I don't want to be bothered by commercials and waiting from week to week. Right now on my DVR is an entire season of 24 and Lost, just waiting for me to sit down one day and start watching in three and four hour stretches, zipping through commercials. That's how I just finished "Battlestar Galactica". I've done that with "30 Rock", "The Sheild", "Rescue Me" and "Nip and Tuck". I just can't imagine sitting and waiting and fighting the commercials.

Charles Gramlich 5/02/2009 02:17:00 PM  

Hum, I'm looking forward to star trek

spyscribbler 5/02/2009 02:25:00 PM  

Aerin, seriously! I'm really getting into the Dollhouse. It's so refreshingly different! And I have no idea where it's going, which is GREAT!

spyscribbler 5/02/2009 02:31:00 PM  

Stewart, Wolverine is next on my list! I just love the movies.

Boy, do I hear you! I should say I don't actually watch TV on TV, LOL. I watch it online. There are commercials, but they are only 30 second interruptions (not 5 minutes!), four times. Considering it's free, I can deal with it. I usually go to Hulu.com and watch 3-4 episodes at a time.

But the TV? I go seriously beserk if the TV is on. It's the most irritating noise, and it turns me into a nagging witch, LOL. Can't stand it! My husband likes it as background noise. Or, I don't know. It's ALWAYS ON when he's home. I froth at the mouth!

I actually canceled cable TV, but since we get cable internet, they never turned off our feed. I'm not as grateful as I should be for the freebie, LOL!

spyscribbler 5/02/2009 02:31:00 PM  

Charles, I can't WAIT!

Edie 5/02/2009 03:05:00 PM  

NCIS went through again. Yes! I like The Unusuals. Hope that makes it. Looks like Medium will make it, too. Yay!

I'm looking forward to the Star Trek movie, too. I might watch Wolverine just for the naked Hugh Jackman shots.

Edie 5/02/2009 03:08:00 PM  

That kitty is so cute! I just replayd it four times.

I haven't been to either of the Cute Things site for about a week. This morning I was on You Tube watching Britain's Got Talent videos. They have the most awesome acts!

Amy Sue Nathan 5/02/2009 03:47:00 PM  

Hmmm, I think I probably go 3 hours or so when I don't have the TV on. It's on even if I"m not watching it - although I probably watch more than the recommended amount her day. I like the background noise of voices. I also do that with talk radio but that is more engaging. The TV creates a buzz. No, it doesn't give me a buzz. ;)

Robin 5/02/2009 11:16:00 PM  

I love hearing your TV picks. You're like the blog friend equivalent of my heroine dealer.

Must get Chuck for ipod. . .

Lauren 5/03/2009 09:50:00 AM  

Seriously? Dollhouse might go away?!?! NOOOOO.... :(

And Chuck too? I love Chuck :( Stupid network. I had heard about Chuck though. Been biting my fingernails over it since I heard.

I love TV, but I have to get about 3-4 episodes of a show before I'll watch it and I always skim through commercials. We don't have cable TV either, but I've never had it as an adult so I don't miss it one bit.

I also love Brothers and Sisters...been following that since the first episode. Also, Weeds, surprisingly is really good as is Dexter. Disturbing, but good.

Melanie Avila 5/03/2009 10:31:00 AM  

We're so out of whack here -- we get Brothers & Sisters but not the other shows you mentioned, AND they're always way behind. My three favorite shows ended in the same season (SATC, Alias, and Friends) so now I only have Lost, which as I understand it, is in it's last season. Thank god for Law & Order!

Merry Monteleone 5/03/2009 10:32:00 AM  

I tend to veg out to re-runs, like Law and Order (any of them, really) late at night. Lately I've been liking Bones and I love Rescue Me - that's one of those I schedule in time for. I also have to watch Grey's Anatomy, but we'll see how the season ends... they're supposed to be losing two of my favorite characters and I don't know if I'll want to watch so much next year.

spyscribbler 5/03/2009 03:39:00 PM  

Edie, I want to see Wolverine, too! I stopped watching NCIS, but only because I wanted to wait until Glenn got home. It didn't feel right to watch it without him.

I can't wait to see the Star Trek movie!

spyscribbler 5/03/2009 03:39:00 PM  

Edie, I have been SO addicted, ever since you first showed me!

spyscribbler 5/03/2009 03:40:00 PM  

Amy, you're like my husband! I'm afraid I can't do that. My defense is that I listen for a living, so it's difficult for me to ignore sound. I'm also ADD, so if it's on, I get NOTHING done, LOL!

spyscribbler 5/03/2009 03:41:00 PM  

LOL, Robin! TELL me you haven't missed Chuck! You would LOVE that show!

spyscribbler 5/03/2009 03:42:00 PM  

Lauren, when I was in college and for about three or four years after, I actually kept my TV in the closet and brought it out only on special occasions, LOL!

I love story, so I love shows, but... TV just sorta isn't my thing, either.

spyscribbler 5/03/2009 03:43:00 PM  

Oh, Melanie, I think that's the most heartbreaking thing you've told me about Mexico! No Chuck?

You would LOVE Chuck! It's sorta like Alias. Well, not really, but it's very cool.

spyscribbler 5/03/2009 03:44:00 PM  

Merry, I used to watch Star Trek at night. They had re-runs from 10-midnight for awhile, but I don't know what happened to them. Come to think of it, I need a serious Star Trek fix!

Patricia Rockwell 5/19/2009 04:28:00 PM  

Well, I'm with you on "Brothers and Sisters" but the Senator is getting a little full of himself, don't you think?